Calling all Grado aficionados

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Machineman, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Machineman

Machineman

OK with all the talk about budget cans lately, i want to ask a couple of questions about dearer Grados.
    I have a pair of SR80s plugged into an RA-1(battery) Amp, plugged into a Naim pre, using a Flashback performance cable.
    I got the phones a couple of years ago from the Bristol show cos i got a good discount :D , but have only recently been able to use them when i picked up the RA-1 off epay cheap. I am really into using these phones but realize that the amp was built more for the RS1s than my bottom of the range(almost) ones. So I have been looking at 225s or even 325is, and was wondering which is the best bang for the buck, and can i expect a large improvement with either of these over mine, or just a subtle difference? Now before you all tell me to find a dealer and listen for myself, well i can't because I'll be getting em cheap off epay again(£175) for the 325is.
    So waddaya think guys, is it worth it?

Cheers.

Machineman, Jul 28, 2005
Ask a Question