Calling Lt Cdr Data re: pic's

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Zylog, May 22, 2005.

1. Zylog

Zylog

Hello Lt Cdr Data,

As requested I have added the pic's of the MB25 and LA3 to my photobucket they are tagged as LA3 or MB25.

ttp://photobucket.com/albums/y172/Zylog/

Regards. Peter

Zylog, May 22, 2005
  2. Zylog

Lt Cdr Data om

thanks Peter, looking forward in anticipation, great build these :)

Lt Cdr Data, May 22, 2005
  3. Zylog

Lt Cdr Data om

Peter, did you buy the 300bs and pre new?
    Are they better than the stereo 40?
    look very nice.

Lt Cdr Data, May 23, 2005
  4. Zylog

Zylog

Ian, after buying the S40i new I could not afford the MB25/LA3 new as well. I am retired and on a limited income so had to find a second-hand set, not easy as they do not come onto the market very often. It would seem that people are satisfied with them and stick to them, just as I will be.

Yes, in my opinion there is a very noticeable difference between the EL34’s and the 300B’s. I am afraid I do not do much of the, mid range this, treble that etc. All I can tell you is that the music I enjoy is even more enjoyable. I will just say that the reproduction seems even smoother without loss of detail, a more open and relaxed sound stage.

BTW my music tastes are mainly classical but with a smattering of acoustical jazz, Sheering etc. Main source LP’s with a couple of thousand to choose from I do not have to spend on CD’s unless something special come up.

To finish I must say that anybody contemplating the purchase of the S40i will not be disappointed in my opinion it is a really superb amplifier. If anyone has nearly £2500 to blow then the MB25/LA3 are the ‘bees knees’

Peter

Zylog, May 24, 2005
  5. Zylog

Lt Cdr Data om

Peter, how did you manage to take such good pics, I can't take very good pics myself, sometimes it seems like hit and miss...any hints?

Lt Cdr Data, May 25, 2005
  6. Zylog

Zylog

Ian,

Way back in the mists of time, well when I was 18, I used to be a professional photographer only thing was we were using ½ plate glass plates and 5” X 4” cut sheet film to record the photographs, monochrome of course.

In fact the forgoing doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to today’s method of taking photographs except maybe an eye for form, light and shade.

So forget the above, what I do is simplicity itself, I use a well setup reasonable quality digital camera (Sony DSC W12) I switch on the flash point and frame the image let the auto focus do its job and take the shot. Upload the images to the computer load into Photoshop and then if required, crop, run through the clarify mask and use the unsharp mask also if required.

That’s it really, rather straight forward. Unless you are reasonably experienced a well setup fairly simple camera is ideal for this type of work.

Peter

Zylog, May 26, 2005
Ask a Question