Canon EOS 3 camera body

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by I-S, Mar 17, 2005.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Canon EOS 3 camera body

My beloved EOS 3... This is the camera that I can't bear to get rid of... I already know I will miss the AF speed, accuracy, hair-trigger like shutter response and general perfection in operation that is the EOS 3.

Why am I selling it then? Simple... I have an opportunity to obtain an EOS 20D at a very good price, and I'm sold on digital. As much as I'd like an EOS 1DsII, I didn't win the lootery this week (perhaps if I'd bought a ticket...). I need to sell this and my D30 to fund the 20D purchase.

I have the manual, box, strap, etc. I'll also throw in any spare 2CR5 batteries I can find, since they're not the cheapest things out there. I'll also include a few viewfinder accessories (anti-fog eyepiece Ed, the large rotatable rubber eyepiece, a couple of dioptric-adjustment eyepieces (-0.5 and 0 I think, -1 is the standard in-camera dioptre)) and a choice of focusing screens (The standard Ec-N and, my preference, the Ec-CIII (the darker, grainier 1v standard screen. More focus snap than the Ec-N but not as bright)). Currently the Ec-CIII is fitted, but I can change it for you if you're not comfortable doing so. I will also throw in whatever film I have because I won't have any use for it.

I've shot about 150 rolls with this camera, and it's been fantastic. The camera is an early one, and it DID have the fabled -2/3rd underexposure. It was sent to canon and recalibrated (it's dead-on now) and at the same time had the rare firmware upgrade to provide CF-19 functionality.

Condition. Very good. It's got a few scratches because I've actually dared to use the camera. There's a little paint wear on the hotshoe, and some marks on the underside from where it's been attached to a tripod. There are no faults and no missing socket covers.

£375

I-S, Mar 17, 2005
  2. I-S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I-S, Mar 22, 2005
  3. I-S

Going on ebay tonight

I-S, Mar 30, 2005
  4. I-S

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

Dude, Don't do to digital, its sh1t !

Levi_501, Mar 30, 2005
  5. I-S

Depends on the digital.

I-S, Mar 30, 2005
  6. I-S

7. I-S

No Mate, have to disagree there.

The difference is like listen to vinyl compared to hearing them little silvery noise making discs !

P.S. Good luck with the auction

Levi_501, Mar 30, 2005
  8. I-S

Dev Moderator

Whatever your views, it's bad form to express an opinion which could cost someone a sale. IMO of course.

I don't think the sale section should contain any discussions. How about starting a thread to discuss the pros and cons of digital photography in the chat section?

Dev, Mar 31, 2005
  9. I-S

If you read what I posted, you will realise that I am saying it is a good product !

Levi_501, Apr 1, 2005
Ask a Question