Canon EOS 400D or Nikon D50?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mike P, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Mike P

Mike P

Hi, I have just sold both my Olympus Camedia C50 and my Canon EOS 300 SLR and want to buy a digital SLR to replace them before my trip to South Africa in 2 weeks time. I think that one of the 2 mentioned camera's would suit my needs/budget but which one?!
    I realise that there have been a lot of threads on D'SLR's but any advice would be very useful.

Many thanks,

Mike

Mike P, Oct 22, 2006
  2. Mike P

greg Its a G thing

Don't ignore the Pentax equivalent! Neither the Canon nor the Nikon have decent viewfinders as I found when I had a mooch about recently. Don't overlook the importance, the Pentax is a very good camera for the money.

greg, Oct 22, 2006
  3. Mike P

badchamp Thermionic Member

I was torn between the D50 and 350D. For me the D50 seemed much less cluttered at the back (too many buttons on the Canon) and it also handled more comfortably. So I got the Nikon, however, the 400D is probably a level above the D50.

The Canon 400d Nikon equivalent I would have thought would be the D80 and I would think they're about the same price. The D50 of course is much cheaper. I may be wrong but the Nikon kit lenses may be a bit slightly better.

A good site to check out for further info is pixalo.com

Jeff

badchamp, Oct 25, 2006
  4. Mike P

Mike P

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. After doing some research, I have ordered and in fact received this morning, the Canon EOS 400D. I managed to get the camera, 18-55 lens and 1GB of memory for £500 including VAT and delivery which I think was a good deal. I was very pleased with my Canon EOS 300 SLR so I hope that this will be as good.

Best regards,

Mike

Mike P, Oct 25, 2006
Ask a Question