Can't stop spendin!Got a Yamaha DspAX750se

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ultrasonic, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

What can i say, am so impressed with my new found Low freqeunciy performance i thought it was time to upgrade my ancient yammy Rvx496(plain vanilla 5.1,65wpc) :eek: Ive been itching to do this for quite some time now but as AV gear is replaced so bloomin regularly ive been holding back until i find a bargain. I was gonna get a Sony STR-DB795 which has been gettin rave reviews and boasts 7.1 AND DAB :eek: thats a 1st for a AV reciever surely :p but what it didnt have(which i really want) was auto calibration via a mic which is very handy and desirable IMO i found it at a great price(£244) on hifibitz and was that close to buying it...then i saw it didnt have pre outs and i REALLY wanted auto calibration! :eek: Quite liked the looks of the new Yamaha's so checked out the reviews etc and liked what i read-what i liked even more was the price i found it for!£365!! not bad considering its only released a month ago and retails at£500!This had auto setup, pre outs but no DAB, which isnt a bad thing-means i can get a seperate unit to hookup to my 2ch setup :cool:

Anywayz, what do u guys fink of this amp?i havent actually heard it before but ive alwasy been impressed by past yamaha AV amps and the glowing reviews won me over this time. I would usually dem stuff but AV is even harder to dem than 2ch!

I gotit from PRC direct, has any1 had experience with this company, how good is their delivery?Its says up to 14days so the countdown begins!

Also, now that i have 7.1, what decent rear effect speakers are there? im gonna replace the m71 rears very soon as i feel they sound abit too directional, im after something that can create excellent ambience and can be wall hung.

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Sep 22, 2004
  2. Ultrasonic

andrew1810

Not sure if they work with 7.1 setup but bipoles spread the sound more and can almost always be wall hung.

Might be worth a look

Andrew

andrew1810, Sep 22, 2004
  3. Ultrasonic

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i use mission m78ds bipoles and would recommend them or the cheaper 77's you can (could?) get from richers for pennies.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

I think a pair of either the 77ds or 78ds are rarer than hens teeth! I might try the B&W offerings, they look like they mean business :cool:

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Sep 23, 2004
  5. Ultrasonic

andrew1810

6. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Cant believe those went for £101!what a rip off!! Ive spotted a pair of ex dem m5ds for cheap, might get some of those and an m5c aswel for a nice matching speaker package.

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Sep 24, 2004
  7. Ultrasonic

andrew1810

They were at £30 when I posted the link, didn't think they would go that high

Andrew

andrew1810, Sep 24, 2004
  8. Ultrasonic

andrew1810

andrew1810, Sep 25, 2004
  9. Ultrasonic

Rory satisfied

the '795 doesn't have DAB actually Ultra. Another mistake that What Hifi's made hehehehe

the Yamaha '750s a nice amp- like the facility its got a good 2ch 'pure direct' mode for stereo, but not sure of the use that'll give you as you've got a nice stereo amp

I also like the video upsampling facility on it though its admittedly more useful for projectors.

Rory, Sep 25, 2004
  10. Ultrasonic

Rory satisfied

i sold a pair of Mission M7ds' at work brand new for £79.99 a few weeks ago- can't believe some monkey bought some 2nd hand for £101!!!

those Wharfedales aren't supposed to be too bad actually Andrew- well spotted

Rory, Sep 25, 2004
  11. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Due to a very satisfying sucess story with a girl yesterday( i pulled) the surround speaker upgrade will have to wait :D instead the money will be going towards expensive meals out,cinema and lots of condoms :JPS:

I h8 being a poor student, its either hifi or girls, cant have both! :eek: :p

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Sep 25, 2004
Ask a Question