Car insurance advise

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Mar 20, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

My dads smacked the back of the car into two posts, basicaly it needs a new bumper and a new tailgate.

My dads currently got a 75% no claims discount, but if he makes a claim before september he will loose it as I has already made to claims in the last three years.

If he makes a claim does that mean he looses all the 75% discount or does he just loose some of it? The tailgate has a spoiler on it, and the rear bumber is colour coded, which makes the job a bit more expensive.

amazingtrade, Mar 20, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

This will very much depend on what insurance company he is with and what kind of claims protector he has.

If he has had a few prangs in the past year and is getting older it may well work aginst him claiming now. Perhaps the best thing would be to get a quote for repair and see if he can pay before hitting the old insurance.

garyi, Mar 20, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

The last time he claimed on the insurance was a quite a major prang, he wrote two cars of, there were ambulances, fire brigade, police etc at the scene, my dad addmite liability, but the police said it wasn't my dads fault it although technicaly he was at fualt it could have happened to anybody.

This was in September 2002. He's not made any claims since then, he has claimed a few times before that, but thinking about it each time had been others people fualt and they admited liability so we didn't claim on our insurance.

When my dad had the crash in 2002 would that count as two cliams becuase of the other party?

He is with Directline if that helps.

amazingtrade, Mar 20, 2005
Ask a Question