Cary 572SE SET Triode Valve Monoblocks

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by JANDL100, Sep 28, 2009.

1. JANDL100

JANDL100

Cary 572SE SET Triode Valve Monoblocks

Excellent condition. 2 spare pairs of brand new Svetlana SV572-3 valves included. Plus other spare valves as well.

All boxed and in A1 condition.

15wpc or so, but a mighty powerful 15 watts! :eek: RCA inputs.

Wonderful power amps .... not really sure I want to sell them, but .... :)

6DN7 and 6SN7 input tubes, 5U4 rectifier and 572-3 power tube in each amp.

[​IMG]

Happy to dem of course (GL17) but they won't sound quite at their best as my new Infinity ribbon hybrid speakers are a bit of a beast to drive, which is why I am considering selling these single-ended valve Cary's. Totally wonderful into a sensible speaker load like my old Leema Xaviers, though.

Fast, transparent, articulate, detailed - if you want the warm lushness of 'traditional' valve sound, then you are better off looking elsewhere!

Stereophile review http://www.stereophile.com/tubepoweramps/1098cary/

See my Wigwam write-up with lots more photos http://www.hifiwigwam.com/view_topic.php?id=41466&forum_id=7&highlight=cary

Price is a straight £1000 plus courier fees including the 2 spare sets of power valves, which is a bit of a bargain as the extra valves cost me over £200 and the amp cost me £850 on eBay. Or you are welcome to come and collect (and have a dem!). Or we might be able to meet up. I'm in the vicinity of Birmingham / Bristol / Cardiff sort of area. GL17.

Swaps / px (anything hifi) also considered. :)

JANDL100, Sep 28, 2009
Ask a Question