Cayin/Spark

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Alex S, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Alex S

Alex S User

Has anyone heard any of this German designed, Chinese made company's valve integrateds? I'd be particularly interested to know how they sound with LV speakers.

Alex S, Dec 4, 2005
  2. Alex S

Tenson Moderator

I had one (a A-88T) for my AKG K1000 headphones and used it with my MA GR10's for a bit. It sounded GREAT with the K1000's but when it came to heavy music, I didn't like it with the monitor audios. It seemed to 'sound' louder than it really was compared to the Cyrus 3 it replaced. I don't think valves are really for me though. I sold it and the guy was very happy with it indeed. For £1,000 it was a whole lot of amp. Really well made, I could hardly lift it! Bit much just for headphones though so I sold both to fund my PMC's.

Good looking pair too!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tenson, Dec 4, 2005
  3. Alex S

Alex S User

Thanks Tenson - how many wpc is the A-88T?

Alex S, Dec 4, 2005
  4. Alex S

Tenson Moderator

If I recall correctly it was 40wpc normal or 22wpc triode mode. It was a VERY smooth sounding amp but with quite a tight bottom end... which is always a good thing :D

Tenson, Dec 4, 2005
Ask a Question