CD Player upto £120

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by westen, Nov 24, 2003.

1. westen

westen

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying my step dad a cd player for xmas, I've got about £120 has anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking of something ex-dem like a Marantz. At the moment he's got an old Denon receiver and Rogers Studio speakers, any help would be great.

Cheers

Martin

westen, Nov 24, 2003
  2. westen

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Sony CDP-XE570 from Richer Sounds for 80 quid (you'll need to show the magazine ad or they'll sting you for 100 but let them get it from the stock room first before you bring out the magazine ;) )

It's one of the few low budget players to actually play music that you can listen to for a few hours rather than a few minutes. My Mum & Dad are thrilled with theirs :)

technobear, Nov 24, 2003
  3. westen

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I was going to suggest the Sony 570 too. I bought the Sony 530 in early 2000 expecting to keep it for a year before I upgraded but its been so good I have not needed to upgrade.

They won't scare of a high end CDP but they are in a different league to sub £300 DVD players for sound and they beat any other sub £120 CD player I've heared.

They are also built quite well as well, mines been used daily for 4 years and its not sufffered any reliability problems at yet.

amazingtrade, Nov 24, 2003
  4. westen

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I'd phone ahead to make sure it's in stock before travelling. ;)

MO!, Nov 24, 2003
  5. westen

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

If you do this DON'T tell them you have a voucher for it. Make out you will be paying the full £100 when they take the box down to the counter thats when you present the voucher.

amazingtrade, Nov 24, 2003
  6. westen

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I'm sure it was the 570 (aMOngst others), we were considering for my gfs system, a while back. They didn't have it in stock then and when we were looking around trying to see if anyone else could match their price (makin out they hadn't told us they were out of stock), we were basicaly laughed at and told "well the thing is, richers wont have any in stock". We went for a cd6000ose in the end. A good spinner and well built for a bit MOre.

MO!, Nov 24, 2003
  7. westen

westen

Thanks all for the suggestion I'll check out the Sony at the weekend.

Cheers

Martin

westen, Nov 26, 2003
Ask a Question