Cd Transport

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by STELLABAGPUSS, Jun 17, 2005.

1. STELLABAGPUSS

STELLABAGPUSS Happy Chappy

Hi All,
    Just after a bit of help reference a possible New CD Transport. I am currently running a MF XDACV3,X10V3,XPSUV3 Setup,and I am using a Pioneer DV575A "trichord Clock 4" as transport.
    I am very pleased with the sound, and the pioneer really is a great transport, however my only complaint is the Transport is pretty noisey. This is a problem with most DVD players. So perhaps someone can give me some advice. I am looking into getting a secondhand CDT, then get it reclocked. Is there much of a difference between all the PIONEER "stable Platter Transports" which models are better,or are they all the same?. I also understand Sony have had some good units? And lastly, would it be better just to jump to a TEAC VDRS 10 or other model?
    Thank you all in advance.

STELLABAGPUSS, Jun 17, 2005
  2. STELLABAGPUSS

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

is it really that noisy? my bog-standard 565 is quiet as a mouse! Has you got an SPL meter you can test it with??

Dynamic Turtle, Jun 17, 2005
  3. STELLABAGPUSS

T-bone Sanchez

My 565 is dam noisy, but I do sit next to it.

I have a Sony 930 QS cdp that I use as transport for my dac. Its a better transport than my marantz 6000KI but not a better sounding cdp if you use it on its own. Sadly, Im beginning to regret buying it. Its totally packed inside and I dont know how Im going to clock it, never mind install a new psu. If your going to keep it original then its a decent transport and the magnetic puck is quite a novelty. I wish I held on a bought a teac but you live and learn!

T-bone Sanchez, Jun 17, 2005
  4. STELLABAGPUSS

STELLABAGPUSS Happy Chappy

Thanks for the reply chaps, the 575a isn't that bad, it's just if you are listening to any quiet passages of music, you can hear the transport working. I sit about 8 ft away, simply due to the size of my listening area, in truth I don't notice it if I am listening to Rock or Pop music.
    The Sony 930 QS if I remember was a great player in it's day, I think I read a review claiming it had very low jitter ? The question remains, is the Sony quiet at spinning CD's?
    And has any member got any remarks on Pioneer CD Players?

Many Thanks

STELLABAGPUSS, Jun 19, 2005
  5. STELLABAGPUSS

Craig

Hi

Intersting this; I used to have the 920e and it was a quiet as a mouse - I think the transport mechanism on the 930e was the same as on the 920e.

I am also currently using a 575a as a transport and am planning to retire it to soley dvd spinning duties and get a relatively cheap solution for new trasnport, and I am kicking myself that I let the 920e go.

FWIW I find the pioneer especially noisy when skipping tracks - of course I'm not listening to any music during this process but yes, it is a noisy bugger

Craig, Jun 19, 2005
Ask a Question