cd tweaks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jimbo, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Jimbo, Apr 2, 2006
  2. Jimbo

t1nt1n hifi collector

I recommend everyone putting their cd's in a bag, waiting 10 years and then a new format will emerge.:kneel:

t1nt1n, Apr 2, 2006
  3. Jimbo

zanash

Try the cd flux spray from phonosophie ....had a demo at the heathrow show.... outstanding far better than the green pen etc.

Down side is the £75 a bottle ....but it does do what it claims in spades !

The green pen works on the fine detail along with most of the other suggested tweaks. The spray works on a bigger scale if that makes any sense.

Remember though that not all systems will have the resolution to show the green pen effect, and some people can't/ or are unable to hear it?

Tintin has probabley never tried any of the suggested tweaks so judging by the answering post.

You will get a greater improvment building a decent IC to replace the one you have [unless its a mega buck cable]. A simple silver twisted pair with out shielding can be made for the cost of a stop light pen !

zanash, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Jimbo

Elberoth

:eek:

Elberoth, Apr 3, 2006
  5. Jimbo

mr cat Member of the month

I have to admit in trying the black felt tip pen thing last night in the cd brothers in arms and I was able to hear a bit of a difference...

mr cat, Apr 3, 2006
  6. Jimbo

t1nt1n hifi collector

I tried the green pen technique about 18 years ago and as I remember it made no difference. Sorry if the response came over as sarcastic but I feel alot of the improvements can be put down to psycological effects and not quantified.:spank:

t1nt1n, Apr 3, 2006
  7. Jimbo

Joe

I'd be tempted to cover both sides of the whole Brothers in Arms CD with black felt tip pen!

Joe, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Jimbo

charming...:D it's a fine cd - well, there are some fine tracks on there...but it's the only good quality cd that I have that I'd be willing to test tho! :cool:

mr cat, Apr 3, 2006
  9. Jimbo

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Damn right - what's wrong with PROPER dIRE sTRAITS CDs like "Love over gold" and "Communique" that have decent analog recording and none of that thin harshness on "Brothers in arms". Let's not even mention the loud cracks on the title track due to digital dropouts.

Having said that, I've not heard the remaster - though it seems a bit odd to do a remaster from a 1985 digital tape...

The green pen worked quite nicely on my copy of "Blue lines" by Massive attack (thanks, Tone :)).

These CD marker pens for CDRs - you know, bog standard ones - do the black and green ones work well on music CDs, or do you have to buy a special pen?

domfjbrown, Apr 3, 2006
  10. Jimbo

zanash

Your right in the ascertion £75 was a lot of dosh but if you didn't hear the effect .......

first play was ok ...cd was treated the sound the filled the room, big full clearer more detail less digital.

I was prepared to buy on the spot !

I'm not easily seperated from my cash as anyone who knows me will testify .....

But I rated the spray as something rather special.

read about it hear.....

http://www.phonosophie.de/International/eCD-Flux.html

zanash, Apr 3, 2006
  11. Jimbo

funnily enough the pen I used was a black cd marker - it was the only one I had in the house...

the the actualt track 'Brothers in arms' sound very good on my system - the cracking of the thunder at the start is amazing...

mr cat, Apr 3, 2006
  12. Jimbo

Bob McC living the life of Riley

These CD marker pens for CDRs - you know, bog standard ones - do the black and green ones work well on music CDs, or do you have to buy a special pen?

What do you think? It has to be a specially breathed on felt pen of course!

Bob McC, Apr 3, 2006
  13. Jimbo

zanash

Go to an art shop and look for the opaque markers .....don't pay more than £5

zanash, Apr 3, 2006
Ask a Question