CES or Munich

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by robM, Jan 3, 2009.

1. robM

robM

Does anyone here venture out to the CES or Munich shows? I sometimes do CES as I 'partly' live in the states and do Munich just about every year as I'm sort of there anyway.

robM, Jan 3, 2009
  2. robM

FrankDeckard

I did CES for 10 years, but I stopped in 2007. The show is so large now and everything is so spread out across the city, that it isn't fun anymore.

Montreal is not a bad show. The rooms suck but the food is great.

Vegas is also very expensive now and not worth spending $250-300 a night for a crappy room.

Top Audio was fun a few years ago. It was worth the trip to watch certain UK reviewers get into fights and chase the local hookers.

FrankDeckard, Jan 3, 2009
  3. robM

hifi addict

I'm off to CES on Thursday. I've been to Munich but I actually liked the Athens show.

hifi addict, Jan 3, 2009
  4. robM

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Can I come with you?

Purite Audio, Jan 3, 2009
  5. robM

robM

Frank- I was there last year and the year before. I thought the audio was only in the Venetian and at 'the show'. It wasn't so bad as the shuttle service was quite handy. And as for the rooms...for $300 per night you can get a good room. I normally stay at the Hard Rock at $500 but rooms in Vegas start at $50 a night at the Gold Coast opposite the Palms and I have met quite a few people that say it's OK if all you want is a bed.

I do like the Vegas night life...although this years snow I do not fancy. I'll probably be in Vegas on the 8th as I am in SF on the 10th.

Munich is good- if not a bit sterile. I'd like to go to Athens, that sounds like a nice holiday.

robM, Jan 3, 2009
  6. robM

angeloitacare

Vegas is also very expensive now and not worth spending $250-300 a night for a crappy room.

When i went to CES in 2007, i got a decent room with ease direct on the strip, about 10 minutes by bus in direction downtown, for as little as us$ 45,00 a night. There are plenty of cheap hotels, and it wont be difficult to find a room. No previous reservation needed.

Angelo

angeloitacare, Jan 4, 2009
  7. robM

hifi addict

I got 4 nights at the Luxor including flights for me and my wife for £800.00 I thought that was a good deal. Is the Luxor OK? Is it a bit tacky? Of course you can come Keith!

hifi addict, Jan 5, 2009
  8. robM

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Have you told your wife about us? Now might be a good time!
    Have a great trip, Keith.

Purite Audio, Jan 5, 2009
Ask a Question