cheap DAC's

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by taz, May 19, 2011.

1. taz

taz

Ok following the thread about my first foray into streaming audio I would now like to up the anti a little bit, for the time being I would like to start to walk before trying to run and as i'm still experimenting I wan't to start with something cheap and cheerful, the DAC will be going in-between the Blu Ray Player and the main audio amp, that means I need a digital in (coax or optical) and a pair of phono's out, In the future I can think about something better but for now something cheap and functional will do. I have seen the "CYP AU-D3 " and the LINDY as well, both under £40 so not the end of the world if it doesn't work.
    or Is there something better available ? maybe someone has something they don't use any more ?
    any input would be appreciated
    thanks

taz, May 19, 2011
  2. taz

Batty Registered Insane

If you have an old MINIdisk player you could try the DACs in that.

Batty, May 19, 2011
  3. taz

wynniaj

If you want something cheap and cheerful, the superpro 707 is very effective for very little money

wynniaj, May 19, 2011
  4. taz

wynniaj

wynniaj, May 19, 2011
  5. taz

Dev Moderator

taz, where are you based? If you only want to see how it works out perhaps you can borrow one? I have an Entech 2.5 that you can borrow for a while if you can pick it up.

Dev, May 19, 2011
  6. taz

taz

thanks guys, sorry dev i live in Bolton but a very kind offer all the same, I was looking at the CYP AU-D3 at just £39 new it seems a reasonable starting place, has anyone used one ? that superpro looks like a good one as well but more than i have to spend at present with hollidays looming, also there is a LINDY one for the same price £39 any users ?
    thanks

taz, May 19, 2011
Ask a Question