Cheap Toslink

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by SimonConnell, May 30, 2004.

1. SimonConnell

SimonConnell

Does anyone have one or two of those really skinny cheap Toslink cables laying around that don't use - the ones that come free with equipment?
    I'd be more than willing to pay postage and little bit if anyone is willing to send me one.
    Thanks in advance.
    Simon

SimonConnell, May 30, 2004
  2. SimonConnell

analoguekid Planet Rush

Heres a cheeky hypothetical thing that we discussed in the pub one night, would never consider doing things like this myself as it's dishonest, and would eat into shareholders dividends, it could also be tried when replacing expensive halogen bulbs in the type of lamps sold at diy sheds, although you could say the missus didn't like them, they never test the stuff.

but just supposing you were to buy portable md from Argos on a saturday, take it back on Monday and say you don't want it as it doesn't have toslink, you needed it for Sunday and had to buy other player elsewhere, so can you have your money back, do this in a coupla different stores (argos and index best due to unconditional money back guarantee) till you have requisite no required.

Not suggesting you do this but just allerting you to some of the scams that really cheeky chancers might employ.

anon.

Ps if you just want them for fibre optic and not plugs then you can purchase the stuff by the metre from RS.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2004
    analoguekid, May 31, 2004
  3. SimonConnell

Mart Smog Dodger

The argos scams been around for a while kid, a bloke I used to know used to run a second hand buy anything place, if somat he bought didnt work, he'd but a new one from argos, put the old one in the box and go get his money back.

Thing is, he ended up havin to travel miles to do it coz he got to be known at every argos in the northeast.:D

Mart, May 31, 2004
  4. SimonConnell

analoguekid Planet Rush

and I thought my scam was cheeky, some people!:)

analoguekid, May 31, 2004
Ask a Question