Chinesse BADA amps

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amazingtrade, May 17, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I am thinking of getting that BADA valve headphone premap form ebay, it will cost £100 including delivery from China.

Has anybody have any experience of this? I know some people have had postive experiences on here but what about the negative?

What happens if the unit is faulty for example?

amazingtrade, May 17, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

T-bone Sanchez

There're people selling them from the UK, Im sure I saw one company based in oxford selling them. If you do go for a HK delivery Im sure you'll get a refund if needs be but when you factor in postage etc it might be more hassle than its worth.

The Bada headphone amp is quite simple inside anyway, the only thing that might prove tricky should it fail are the tiny tubes, Ive never seen any advertised. Apart from that its pretty straight forward and theres plenty of people on here who could find there way round the amp so needs be. The only problem I have had is with the intense blue led. At first I had planes coming in for landing and three wise men turning up on my door. A simple fix is a resistor in series to dim the light.

T-bone Sanchez, May 17, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

Yeah the LED dosn't have to be a problem, I think even I can manage to stick a resistor in the path (I assume a standard 330ohm would do the trick?).

THe valves them selves easy to replace? I know they are like light bulbs and don't last for ever.

Has anybody used this company?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=5774238684&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I can't work out if they are shipped from Hong Kong or the UK.

4. amazingtrade

Effem Cable manufacturer

I bought a Shanling valve CD player off these same people and the delivery was so quick it put the UK to shame (2 days!!).

They use DHL who automatically clobber you for the import duty so bear that in mind too when you do your sums. You get the invoice around a week after the item is delivered.

Effem, May 17, 2005
  5. amazingtrade

How much is that is the same rate as VAT?

6. amazingtrade

T-bone Sanchez

Thats where I got mine from (although in fact it came from bin bin Ltd in China). Luckily I didnt get any extra charges and the invoice was suitably filled out, ie described as hi-fi part of no commercial value.

7. amazingtrade

So this basicaiyl a British company shipping the items direct form China? It sounds like its geneuine and they are not going to run off with my money, once I sell my PIII I shall be buying one.

8. amazingtrade

T-bone Sanchez

No, I think they are HK based. I think they source their goods from companies within China and exploit the free trade enjoyed in HK. I had no probs, and I liked watching the progress of my parcel from HK to Chorley via Germany, Birmingham and Manchester.

9. amazingtrade

T-bone Sanchez

Ive just read that properly, it does say oxford and looking at the shipping charge it would be right, plus theyre saying next day delivery. Id go for it.

10. amazingtrade

badchamp Thermionic Member

I just got a DAC from USA and whiled away many minutes tracking it from NY to Tennessee or somewhere then to Stanstead to Stratford ! Almost worth the shipping fee on it's own :D

badchamp, May 17, 2005
  11. amazingtrade

T-bone Sanchez

:D

I hear you brother, do you think we need to get out more?

T-bone Sanchez, May 18, 2005
Ask a Question