Clarification of status.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by D Louth 77, Oct 1, 2008.

1. D Louth 77

D Louth 77

Sorry Now Gone

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
    D Louth 77, Oct 1, 2008
  2. D Louth 77

defride

Sorry to hear, looks like tough times for all (except the bankers who have stashed their millions in Monaco...). Good luck in whatever direction you choose.

defride, Oct 1, 2008
  3. D Louth 77

Purite Audio Purite Audio

D, I am truly sorry I hope you find something asap, in the meantime who is Nando sleeping with now? Regards Keith.

Purite Audio, Oct 1, 2008
  4. D Louth 77

sandgrownun

Sorry to hear that, best of luck for the next venture!

sandgrownun, Oct 1, 2008
  5. D Louth 77

lbr monkey boy

Sorry to hear that D Louth, not a pleasant experience I'm sure.

lbr, Oct 1, 2008
  6. D Louth 77

The Devil IHTFP

It's sad that you've been sacked, but it doesn't really excuse your previous behaviour.

The Devil, Oct 1, 2008
  7. D Louth 77

monya

Sorry to hear this and hope the future is brighter. Every dawn is a new beginning...

monya, Oct 1, 2008
  8. D Louth 77

SMEagol Because we wants it...

Sorry to hear D

I wish you the best of everything. Been where you are now, and might be soon if my firms order book doesn't pick up...

Hang in there buddy.

SMEagol, Oct 1, 2008
  9. D Louth 77

Dev Moderator

He was made redundant, not sacked.

D, sorry to hear about your redundancy, hopefully something will come up soon.

Dev, Oct 1, 2008
  10. D Louth 77

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

The HIFI industry is in a bad way right now. I am only still in business because computers are now considered essential, in fact this September has been my busiest ever, been though I have seen a massive reduction in the old "consumer" trade I used to get.

Now might be a good time to look a setting up a business which sources HIFI on the cheap, people will still want thier music, its Mrs Jones can now longer afford to spend £1k to listen to her favourite ABBA CD.

I hope you manage to find a new job soon.

amazingtrade, Oct 2, 2008
  11. D Louth 77

D Louth 77

Thanks guys.

Thankyou dev for your clarification.

Smeago, I hope business picks up for you.

I have been made redundant before and it was during the last great downturn back in the early 90's and again in 1995, just after I had got married. Just back from honey-moon and told I had one weeks notice. Now that was trully crap.

For me now the big difference is that I am 43 and not younger. I think when you hit your 40's not only do you feel a bit less optimistic about the future but others(potential employers)feel they would rather hire someone young. I know discrimination based on age is now illegal but unless you report(and how do you prove it), it goes un-noticed and unless you are in that older age bracket most don't care.

I know most of you will say that being near ones mid 40's is not old but most of our society is now so wrapped up in the young and younger people tend to view being over 30 as a disaster.

So far there is very little suitable in my area(not in audio/video business, there are no posts available). Anyway time will tell.

Thanks for the (mostly)kind words D Louth

D Louth 77, Oct 2, 2008
  12. D Louth 77

auric FOSS

I have been in your place several times in my life and each time it happened it came as a shock; a shock to the system; a shock that you are not quite as in control of your life as you once assumed and that you an your family may well have to depend upon the state and others for perhaps an extended period of time. A whole train of though that you may not have entertained for quite some rise unbidden and may become overwhelming but remember you are not alone and a quick trip to the doctors for a chat might be an idea after a trip to the job centre or what ever it is now called. It is not the end of the world but to be honest it may well seem so every now and again.

auric, Oct 2, 2008
  13. D Louth 77

D Louth 77

Hi auric

Its called the Benefits and Jobs Center now. would you believe you go, they give you a number and then a short interview. I have been told that it will take three weeks for a further interview. I will not loose benefits, but three weeks. They say they are very busy and I can well believe that, with the current crisis.

Anyway thanks for your words of encouragement. My wife and myself have always been careful about not overstretching, so I don't have any money worries, at the present time. However this is a pretty degrading thing to happen. Your right in what you say, it is about loss. Its like a form of grief. I suppose if you hate your job, maybe its a form of release but I loved my job(not always but nearly all the time).

Anyway, the CV's are in the post and I have one application in for a job in the paper. But bottom line I am going to miss my work and those customers I called friends.

regards D Louth

D Louth 77, Oct 2, 2008
  14. D Louth 77

D Louth 77

Hi Guys

Out of the blue this morning one of my customers rang me. He had got my phone number from my ex-boss. He told me how sorry he was about what had happened to me. It was nice that someone thought enough of me to ring me. Put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

regards D Louth

D Louth 77, Oct 4, 2008
Ask a Question