Class D

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lordsummit, Sep 9, 2007.

1. lordsummit

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

It was this one. It is a lot of amp in a very small place, if I needed oodles of power it would be on the shortlist for sure.

Tony.

TonyL, Sep 10, 2007
  2. lordsummit

Coda II getting there slowly

Hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a leading question if I were to ask whether you ever try out the stuff you design at work in the context of your home system?

Coda II, Sep 11, 2007
  3. lordsummit

Elberoth

That mirrors my experience with Class D poweramps. I used to have Bel Canto Evo 4 mk II bridged to mono a few years back. I have also tried ICE power amps in my system (250ASP module based).

Now I'm back to tubes.

Elberoth, Sep 11, 2007
  4. lordsummit

Darren

I bought a 2175 a couple of years ago when they were all the rage. My Wadia/ 2175/ Sonus faber system has pleased me so much and been so good to listen to that I have been able to leave hifi spending behind me - a real boon with £48,000 of nursery fees in the last 8 years.

I have owned many amps over the years from a pair of Krell KmA 100s, through Croft OTLs and some horrible Naim kit. The 2175 just works well and always sounds good it has been the best hifi money I ever spent.

This is my first post on ZG for years....

Darren, Sep 16, 2007
  5. lordsummit

vroomfondle

The pro audio world is starting to go into class D. The latest QSC amp the PL380 is class D at 1500 wpc into 8 ohms.

vroomfondle, Sep 16, 2007
  6. lordsummit

Antony

I feel the same about my TDAi2200.

Isaac, I would really like to hear your views on Class D!

Antony, Sep 16, 2007
  7. lordsummit

JANDL100

Yup, me too about my SDAi2175. I think it is a fantastically musical amplifier.

I've owned valves (up to Jadis JA80 monos, and many others) and solid state (Krell, MF, blah blah) and the TacT/Lyngdorf gear does it for me.

I've been a fan of class D for a while. I've owned a Veritas P400 power, a TacT SDA2175 power, a little T-amp (stupidly good for the money :)) and also an analogue switching amp (NuForce Ref 8) that had a surprisingly similar sound.

Yup, switching amps and Class D in general and Lyngdorf in particular gets my vote for any speaker.

JANDL100, Sep 18, 2007
Ask a Question