'classic' combo - 125 / 3009 / v15

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by keith, Dec 17, 2013.

1. keith

keith

A neighbour of my son has THE classic combo for sale - it was his brother's, who has just passed away.

125 / 3009 / V15 mk2

It still works, in the sense that t/t revolves, and it looks in good condition. So far he has not found info re purchase dates, so obviously needs looking at.

I suspect one would 'cut losses' with the cartridge. However the other 2 items are likely to be worth a few hundred smackeroonies.

Anyone interested in following this up, please PM me.

keith, Dec 17, 2013
  2. keith

keith

Anyone interested, else I suspect it will get chucked...

keith, Dec 20, 2013
  3. keith

keith

I gather the combo has now been sold, the money going to a charity that the deceased supported.

keith, Jan 2, 2014
  4. keith

DSJR

Caught this too late, but the V15 II, despite the treble recession (well known about at the time), actually communicates music to a superb standard, the V15 III replacement inclined to harness of tone if not carefully loaded and used.. The mk1 TD125 had a good main bearing, but I found the mk2 version could have some slop. VN15e styli for the 'II' do come up from time to time as mine did, and there doesn't seem to be any 'age' issues either.

Anyway chaps, please don't write these old decks off, despite the flexible belt drive (hated in some quarters) and care needed in cable dressing and tying down, suspension setup (mine had a bent spring which all but defeated me when a piston-like bounce was desired).

DSJR, Jan 4, 2014
Ask a Question