c'MOn Barca!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Mar 7, 2006.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I'd normally support the British team, but as well as having a bit of a soft spot for Barca.... I really can't stand jose!

They may well end up playing in a way which means they deserve to win.... fair enough.

But I really hope they get ripped apart!

Where's vOOdOO???

MO!, Mar 7, 2006
  2. MO!

Heavymental

Yeah I don't like them that much after all their recent spats and tantrums although I enjoy watching them play. Gotta cheer them on though, don't think they'll manage it tonight although would be great to see if they did do it.

Heavymental, Mar 7, 2006
  3. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

:)

MO!, Mar 7, 2006
  4. MO!

la toilette Downright stupid

I wanted Chelsea to win cos I always support the British teams regardless, but Barcelona were the better team by a fair margin - Chelsea didn't get close depite the dodgy penalty decision. Jose still seemed to think that they deserved to win though :confused: He's as bad as Wenger!

la toilette, Mar 7, 2006
  5. MO!

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

c'MOn Barca!!!

woof woof ?

bottleneck, Mar 7, 2006
  6. MO!

Bob McC living the life of Riley

He's as bad as Wenger!

But a mere novice compared to Taggart

Bob McC, Mar 7, 2006
  7. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Exactly my thoughts.

I know he probably does it a lot of the time to wind people up and create his headlines, but he really does come across as a muppet sometimes.

Was a good game to watch, and I hope that toMOrows are too.

MO!, Mar 7, 2006
  8. MO!

Sid and Coke

I decided to watch Rangers, pretty good game it was too. The ref made an effort to keep the game going too without having to blow every few seconds for theatrical, Bafta worthy, dying fly impressions.

If Chelsea were the last Brit team in the competition then I'd have wanted them to win, but they're not so I wasn't too bothered whether they won or lost. I Sky+'d the game but don't know if i can be arsed watching it now....

Sid and Coke, Mar 8, 2006
  9. MO!

la toilette Downright stupid

It's worth watching the Chelsea game just to see Ronaldinho making everyone else look like Sunday league players, sheer brilliance.

la toilette, Mar 8, 2006
  10. MO!

Heavymental

Yep...the goofy fella is an amazing talent isn't he. Wasn't a great game though, Chelsea didn't seem to be able to string anything together. All their passes looked a little bit off so they were always struggling to stay in possession. Shame really. Pleased to see there weren't any problems after all the talk about this match though. Nice to see plenty of handshakes afterwards.

Heavymental, Mar 8, 2006
  11. MO!

Nils

I bet Chelsea are wishing they got Eto'o rather than Drogba now, there's no contest between the two. Game was pretty dire, just stop start, flicks from Ronaldinho, stop. Barca's defence was surprisingly good though...

Nils, Mar 8, 2006
  12. MO!

jay

I thought it wasn't that bad a game all in all. Expected to see Chelsea attack a lot more than they did. Even going down a goal didn't make a difference, they needed to score two from the get go. I've seen them attack a lot better than they did. Maybe they're not used to the smooth pitch?

Barca looked sharper overall though. Maybe next year....

jay, Mar 8, 2006
  13. MO!

Nils

I'd say it comes down to who they take on before next year. Chelsea have spent a ridiculous amount of money on their forwards, and IMO Gudjonsen is still their best striker!

Last years game was far better. Yes, maybe next year...

Nils, Mar 8, 2006
  14. MO!

Bradders

For a club with unlimited funds, Chelsea seem to me to be a decidedly average team. The only reason they are top of the league is down to a long overdue slump in form from Man Utd & Arsenal.

Jose's crowd baiting & childish outbursts towards officials & the opposition are pretty tiresome. Does he really think that clapping is a great put down?

And another thing! Are we to believe that Jose is a tactical genius? He resorted to sticking on Huth & banging long balls up the field. Smacked of desperation to me.

Bradders, Mar 8, 2006
  15. MO!

Nils

Yeah, the Huth sub was ridiculous, and taking off drogba to put on another forward just annoyed Drogba (childish reaction) and accomplished nothing.

I thought Jose was amusing at the beginning of last year, but think he's just acting like an idiot now. And Chelsea's diving antics are getting worse, Drogba at the weekend was going for an oscar! Ah well, guess I'm just jealous cos they make twice as much in a week (at least) than I do in a year...

Nils, Mar 8, 2006
  16. MO!

Bradders

Agreed.

Well, lets keep our fingers crossed for the mighty Gunners tonight. I am predicting a 2-1 victory.

We might be overdue a Beckham free kick as well, so I'll go with the fancy dan to score from 30 yards.

Bradders, Mar 8, 2006
  17. MO!

Nils

Sounds like gooner talk to me. Good luck to you, you should just clinch it though!

Nils, Mar 8, 2006
  18. MO!

michaelab desafinado

You can criticize Mourinho all you like but he still took a Porto side with no star players to win the Portuguese league and, much more significantly, the Champions League. Ok, they had some luck in the CL but you don't win the CL if you're a crap side.

He then took Chelsea to their first league title for 50 years and looks like repeating that this year.

He is without question one of the best managers in the history of the sport.

Michael.

michaelab, Mar 13, 2006
  19. MO!

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Mourinho is a very good manager. Getting Porto to win the European Cup is proof enough of that. All the fuss surrounding his antics can't really make life that difficult for his team, for one thing it keeps the press from hassling the players so much. At least he seems like he cares though, unlike a few you could mention.

They seem to be short of a couple of players for a real assault on European glory, but it's just a matter of them becoming available. Another top class forward to play alongside Crespo every week would help no end.

ilockyer, Mar 13, 2006
Ask a Question