Complete Guide to the Hobby.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wolfgang, Aug 12, 2004.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang

Notice the Complete Guide to High-End Audio by Robert Harley has been recommend by many. What is your opinion? Thinking of buying a copy. Is this a religious book that require both the readers and author to share the same faith or one that treat the subject matter in the 'dry and boring' view point of science?

wolfgang, Aug 12, 2004
  2. wolfgang

tones compulsive cantater

Engraved in tablets of PVC in a suitably analogous manner, I hope.

tones, Aug 12, 2004
  3. wolfgang

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Tones, from a subjectivities point of view, I feel your getting a bit jaded with the whole issue. fear not sir, some cable/stand/tweek question will arise soon enough for your preditiory instinct to poo poo the whole immoral suggestion with the poise of a borg assimulation cycle, please don't feel too disheartened, the day is but young & the pickings today, will be rich :)

wadia-miester, Aug 12, 2004
  4. wolfgang

tones compulsive cantater

Predatory, me? And after my having resolved the entire issue of subjectivity/objectivity so convincingly (not to mention theologically) in a previous thread? How dare you! Sir, I must have satisfaction. I choose antistatic pistols at 20 paces.

tones, Aug 12, 2004
  5. wolfgang

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I'll stick with Furtec clarify thanks sir :D

wadia-miester, Aug 12, 2004
  6. wolfgang

Markus S Trade

Neither, it's a well-written and comprehensive introduction and tries hard to stay out of the battles (tubes vs. transistor, analog vs. digital and so on).

But I doubt you'll find much of value for you. It's really aimed at people who are just getting into this hobby, not at people who've been frequenting forums for a while.

Markus S, Aug 12, 2004
  7. wolfgang

wolfgang

Thanks. What would you recommend as better reading material then?

There is no doubting this is a great place to escape to for a few minutes at work. There are days I wonder what have I actually learn from hanging out here for so long.... there are more then one way to nirvana or perhaps the real joy is the journey to whatever it is.....or resigning to the fact there is no high fertility for it is mostly an elaborate imagination....having said that is quite an irony because the seems to be the essence of this hobby..... to create an illusion of events that does not exist.

wolfgang, Aug 13, 2004
Ask a Question