Connecting equipment???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by mutant, Jan 22, 2004.

1. mutant

mutant

I'm wondering where i should plug in my minidisc that will be arriving soon. My amp has Line in (used by CD-R for playback), CD (used by cd player), Tape 1/DAT record (used by CD-R for vinyl copies) and play (unused), Tape 2 Record and play (both unused), then phono and tuner etc, which are used. Where would be the best place to plug in my minidisc deck then?

mutant, Jan 22, 2004
  2. mutant

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Tape 2 would be fine - the ouptputs going to the inputs on your MD deck and the outputs on the MD deck going to the inputs on your amp.

You could use Tape 1 in a similar fashion for the CD-R deck.

Assuming your CDP has a digial output, use that to make recordings from CD to MiniDisc. If your CDP only offers co-ax out and you've only got optical in on your MiniDisc, then a co-ax to optical converter is available from Maplins for about £15. Works very effectively.

nsherin, Jan 22, 2004
  3. mutant

mutant

The CDP only has coax, CDR has coax and optical and i think MD has both, but it hasn't arrived yet, so im not sure.

What did you mean with the tape bit? Put the tape play to CDR input and CDR output to Tape record?

mutant, Jan 22, 2004
  4. mutant

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

What's the MD deck you're getting? The Sony MDS-JE480 I've got has Optical Out only.

Tape Output should go to CDR Input. CDR Output should go to Tape Input.

nsherin, Jan 22, 2004
Ask a Question