Consonance Reference 2.3 CD Player

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Godfather, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Godfather

Godfather

Update: Sold to ukpco. :)

I've a Consonance Reference 2.3 CD player which is the same as the 2.2 but without digital volume control. Here's a review of the latter:

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/opera_reference22.htm

I bought it when I visited Hong Kong 14 months ago. It's a beautifully smooth sounding and musical player, competitive with any £1-2k player out there. It's in excellent condition and comes with the metal remote, original box, manual and mains cable. It has a silver faceplate and thick curved black metal top cover which IMO looks classier than the wood finish. Build quality and finish is stunning, the whole thing weighing nearly 20kg! It's been used lightly in my second/headphone system only, for no more than 100 hours. Comes with the original valve but I've also got a new boxed Electro Harmonix 6H30Pi valve as a replacement when the time comes. Reason for sale is that I'm getting an AS Transcend to go with my DAX Decade!

A new one from http://www.chinese-hifi.co.uk/consonance.htm will cost you £700 + shipping, import duty and VAT so that's likely to be over £900.

I'll let mine go for £450. I'd prefer collection from Maida Vale, London W9 but can also send it double boxed via UPS for £30 incl insurance.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2006
    Godfather, Jan 26, 2006
  2. Godfather

Godfather

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Godfather, Jan 26, 2006
Ask a Question