Cookiemonster bye bye

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cookiemonster, Jul 16, 2003.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

First off - this will probably be critiscised for being melodramatic or whatever - i hope it is taken in the good humour with which it is intended. I have handed in my notice in the moderators chair, as i no longer wish to pursue 'forum life'. I have a stockpile of books to take care of for one, which i would like to spend more time on. I found myself spending more time on these forums than i would like, and it is becoming deleterious to my constitution. I hope i have made some friends here, and would enjpy maintaining contact with those individuals and any others. If this is the case, and you don't already have my contact details, send me a PM by Friday and i will be certain to get back to you. I won't post in response to this thread in order not to fuel any 'he wants some attention' bollox. Thanks to those whio have helped me in my hi-fi adventures - i hope to see you again soon somewhere in the flesh. This place should flourish and i hope it does well sincerely. They are beneficial to those with an interest in this hobby and a great place to meet generous and kind folk.

This is partially motivated by the fact that i am generally happy with my rig at the moment, and so i want to spend more time buying music, rather than getting drawn into further incessant upgrades, which are obviously better, but not what i want at the moment. I'll be sure to knock on WM's door when i am ready again ;) .

Maybe i have just seen the same Dali Lame WM went to on Wed, i don't know - but this is no blaze of glory, just a quiet exit, and good wishes.

I prefer to think of things as being in a state of flux and without finality, so i hope to meet some of you again soon, where we are both breathing the same air.

Does all that sound like crap - probably - nevermind. Best regards - and Lee - this is no excuse for another blow out;) i expect to see you soon kind sir, with some discs in toe.

Best of luck Michael and your troopers.

Regards
    Dino ala Cookiemonster. (foolishly keeping cassette alive)

I'm :redrum: so have a good :ffrc: and best regards:buddies: , i'll be spending more time with the :bookworm: and:guiness: , i hope you can join me for a jar sometime :beer: .

Sorry, i indulged in smilies (look after them won't ya)

cookiemonster, Jul 16, 2003
  2. cookiemonster

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Sorry to see you go, but completely understand the reasons. I've had forumitis for some time, and managed to cut my addiction down significantly.

I need some exercise too...

Anyways, hope to see you around sometime soon... got your details, so keep in touch! And maybe I'll host a small even sometime...

I-S, Jul 16, 2003
  3. cookiemonster

penance Arrogant Cock

Seems a fair reason mate.
    go and enjoy;)

Thanks for the help and advice you have given me and others, been good knowing you

take care and pop back sometime

all the best dood:cool:

penance, Jul 16, 2003
  4. cookiemonster

MO! MOnkey`ead!

attention seeking mellow dramatic t@#t!

;)

Fair enough, though I don't see the need to completely stop posting. And if it's MOre music you're looking to buy then where better to discover new artists than our very own music boards? :D

You'll be back! Books are for grown ups! :p

MO!, Jul 16, 2003
  5. cookiemonster

GrahamN

Sometimes cold turkey's the only way MO.

:chop:

Back to the :Quad: :music: :nigel:

GrahamN, Jul 16, 2003
  6. cookiemonster

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Dino, Only your true self knows the path to inner santum and harmonious well being, best of luck mate, stay frosty but keep the minds eye sharp. FWIW I thought you handled yourself damn fine as a mod :) PM is warping it's way to you cheers Tone

wadia-miester, Jul 16, 2003
  7. cookiemonster

kermit still dreaming.......

yep ,you,ll be missed as you were both a fine moderator and a fine poster .

kermit, Jul 16, 2003
  8. cookiemonster

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Dino, you have been the dogs bollocks mate, and I dont blame you in the least. I have found my nirvana in "cheap crap" as well, so go get some decent tunes mate ;). Thats all I gotta say for now. By god, I post some shite when i've been to the pub!

:D

PBirkett, Jul 17, 2003
  9. cookiemonster

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

As above and the best of luck. Personally I think you were exemplary as a moderator.

When you get bored, you know where we are. :D In the meantime I'll PM you.

Cheers

timpy, Jul 17, 2003
  10. cookiemonster

And not just when you been to the pub either :p :)

wadia-miester, Jul 17, 2003
  11. cookiemonster

jshack

Can I have a go then?

Please?

(whoops, forgot to say - Cookie, really sad to see you go, you were exteremly good).

jshack, Jul 17, 2003
  12. cookiemonster

michaelab desafinado

Why are you so keen to be a mod jshack? :D

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 17, 2003
  13. cookiemonster

jshack

Michael,

Thank you for the opportunity to state my case:

Throughout my life I have always wanted to add to, and participate in meaningful enterprises.

I am enthusiastic, honest and tenacious and try to have a balanced outlook, y'know see things from other people's point of view?

Having said this, I also have a meglomanic streak, do not suffer fools gladly, and would also like to ban johnhunt for life ;o) However, Graham N would only get sin-binned :0)

I would invite Bub back, tell WM not to put cheesy Rainbow lyrics as his signitaure, get FW to extoll the virtues of blu-tac, have a dedicated forum to thrash metal, and sin of all sins have a dedicated forum to equipment stands.

I would have a "newish to hifi?" forum because I was one not so long ago and I hated being called a newbie and NAD, Cambridge et al have their place. But perhaps these "newbies" might liven up the place in terms of the music and chat fora.

...and I've only just begun

jshack, Jul 17, 2003
  14. cookiemonster

GrahamN

Such ingratitude.....and after I found you that cheap DPA DAC and a couple of used NADs.....

tsk..tsk...

(rassssle...frasssle....dastrardly......frassle...)

GrahamN, Jul 17, 2003
  15. cookiemonster

michaelab desafinado

The trouble with you jshack is that I can never tell when your taking the p*ss or being serious :MILD:

I think in the best interests of forum harmony making you a mod might not be the best idea ;) btw, Bub was never banned from here, he never joined in the first place. FW 'stole' his nickname temporarily and I then offered it to Bub and he decided he'd rather not join. His username still exists and he knows the password so he's free to post if he so chooses.

No hard feelings eh John?

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 17, 2003
  16. cookiemonster

John good to see you back me olf mucker :)

You forgot to say that Atc 100 produce Kan like 'Farty Bass' copyright @pink fish 2003, and don't forget the Odd death threat :D thrown in over some Photo's too.
    You need to brush up a bit too, not all rainbow lyric's inb fact only 2 have been :eek:
    how about a Bub evangelist section with 'throw the daggers game' Jshack for Mod :)

wadia-miester, Jul 18, 2003
  17. cookiemonster

Dev Moderator

Cheers CM, thanks for those interesting smilies:bmw:

Please don't stop posting just because you are no longer a moderator.

Dev, Jul 18, 2003
  18. cookiemonster

jshack

Yes.

jshack, Jul 18, 2003
  19. cookiemonster

PBirkett VTEC Addict

He;s a geordie, this jshack bloke. Which means, he can take a joke, unlike hunty boy, jshacks had his fun :lol:

PBirkett, Jul 19, 2003
  20. cookiemonster

jshack

Grham,

After the character assasination that you and johnhunt launched against me, questioning my parentage, honesty, integrity (and the ability of ATC's to do meaningful bass), I should really ban the both of you in my new capacity of citizens vigilante moderator.

However, I accept your grovelling apologies, hence the yellow card rather than red.

Please do not post here for 5 days.

Thank you.

jshack
    (self-appointed vigilante moderator)

jshack, Jul 19, 2003
Ask a Question