Copland CD player - display failure

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by johnfromnorwich, Aug 12, 2009.

1. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich Tannerd.

Front display has totally packed in. Any idea how to contact them in the UK? Their site doesn't seem to facilitate direct contact. Its a CDA 823 - bought secondhand but even so, a 1500 quid CD player should have a display that at least lasts as long as the laser!

johnfromnorwich, Aug 12, 2009
  2. johnfromnorwich

spica

if you can't go direct...i'd give a distributer (middleman) a bell, they would for you or perhaps supply you with contact details.

Good Luck :)

spica, Aug 12, 2009
  3. johnfromnorwich

defride

I wish you the best of luck John.

I'm afraid to say I had dreadful problems with Copland. It took 9 months to not fix an 822 via the distributor sending it back to Denmark. They supplied 2 823s that also went wrong and in the end I sold the final one as I really didn't think it was destined for long life. (though it was working fine when I sold it!)

Absolute Sounds have a very poor rep for back-up if you have purchased secondhand - very expensive. I have heard that they generally outsource their local repairs and the people they outsource to are known and repair the same stuff at sustantially reduced prices. I've not looked into it but if knowone responds here it'd be worth posting on Wigwam as there was a thread recently about ABS and Copland repairs.

defride, Aug 27, 2009
  4. johnfromnorwich

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Who makes the transport? I've noticed a lot of high end players seem to use standard transports and displays. There was a high end brand which used standard Sony displays.

amazingtrade, Aug 28, 2009
Ask a Question