cor blimey!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ditton, Apr 27, 2005.

1. ditton

ditton happy old soul

just logged on to hifi4sale, and saw this:

Halcro
    DM-38 stereo power amp
    Price: £8795

RRP: £13995

Description * *
    Effortless dynamics and astonishingly clean presentation. This is the ultimate in stereo power amplification from the World's finest, Halcro. Really does need to be heard to be believed, zero background noise and sonically unmatched in this field. The virtually zero distortion has you reaching for the volume, what a joy. Zero fatigue! As new, with crate and 4.5 years warranty!
    but then saw the other stuff this guys selling:

Boulder
    1060 power amp and 1012 pre with DAC and phono
    Price: £15,500

RRP: £29,450

Description * *
    Stunning Boulder combination, the 1012 preamplifier is as quiet as they come, a joy to use, with built in DAC and phono stage based upon the worlds finest 2020 Boulder DAC and 2008 phono module. The 1060 provides 300W of glorious, dynamic and resolving power. The pinnacle of hi-fi. Will split.

anyone ever heard this stuff?

ditton, Apr 27, 2005
  2. ditton

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

maybe he'll let you have home demo.

alanbeeb, Apr 27, 2005
  3. ditton

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

The chap lives about 800 yards from me Roger is the chaps name, seems to go through kit more than I do :D He's had big Krells. DCS and all sorts. Nice guy too :)
    Halcrows are seriously over rated along side Lamm's IMHO, as for the Boulders, a visit to JJ's will help you understand the stupid price tag :D
    I'll pass, he has a nice Pass labs X-350 at very sensible money too :)

wadia-miester, Apr 27, 2005
  4. ditton

ditton happy old soul

Tone, first to note that your Coherent-Systems link doesnt seem to be working, and good luck i the new venture, then to admire the neighbourhood.

Mind you, with neighbours like Alan - more like a mile away though - I cant complain, though his kit (which I've had opportunity to home demo) generally comes with one decimal place to the right.

ditton, Apr 27, 2005
  5. ditton

One word on expensive systems, very few reach anywhere near there potential and most often are disappointing to listen too IMHO.
    Ok try following the link through, First go at doing a web, so bare with me :D

6. ditton

ditton happy old soul

OK, the link gets me a page, http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk/
    but then the enter gets me a 404, ie 'Page not found'

have another go

[... back on topic, I'm prepared to believe that there is a quantum leap forward with silly money, even if the laws of diminishing returns have well and truly set in, as I dithered something horrid before splashing out over a grand for the Dac Decade - and have never regretted it. Fortunately, I've had good bargains on the other bits, though I now swither (a wonderful Scots word) about parting with even more for a poweramp - though I wasn't thinking of contacting Roger! ]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2005
    ditton, Apr 27, 2005
  7. ditton

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

Did you dither more over the DAX Decade than you swither over power amps?!! I cannot believe that possible!

alanbeeb, Apr 27, 2005
  8. ditton

D, have another go and flow the link from the index index page, I'm not sure how to get shot of that, any helpers out there LOL. T

9. ditton

mosfet

I think it's because the hyperlink http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk/ is pointing to a sub-directory or index file when it should be pointing to a parent directory.

But don't quote me on this because I could just be confusing matters further!

Try http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk/Coherence/ as the hyperlink instead.

Nice site by the way Tony – but where's the modifications page for the hardened tweakers? :D

mosfet, Apr 27, 2005
  10. ditton

Well Richard, I have a million and one images to use, but I had to get something up asap, I will be filling in the blanks in next few weeks, not bad for a first effort I think
    T.

Ask a Question