Corda HA-1 headphone amp

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by PBirkett, Jul 15, 2003.

1. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Excellent little starter headphone amplifier, better than any competitor at this price point (i.e. better than MF X-Cans, Creek OBH-11(SE), Rega Ear, Headroom Little etc.). Features 0-ohm and 120-ohm minijack headphone outputs for differing sound (120 ohm gives a warmer sound), miniature toroidal transformer, IEC socket to take aftermarket cables, plenty off grunt, 4 crossfeed settings (off, low, medium, high) to reduce listener fatigue. Easily upgradable to the "Corda Blue" specification. For a review, and details of the Corda Blue upgrade, check out the review below.

This amp cost over £200 new, and it is only a few months old, so I am asking £150 including P&P.

Review: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14546

Meier Audio: http://home.t-online.de/home/meier-audio/ha1.htm

[​IMG]

PBirkett, Jul 15, 2003
  2. PBirkett

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Paul, I thought you liked it mate?

Cheers

timpy, Jul 15, 2003
  3. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Still available :)

PBirkett, Jul 17, 2003
  4. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

5. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I have withdrawn the item from sale.

It appears that I was barely going to get half what I paid for it, and considering its barely 2 months old, and also extremely well performing amp for the money, I have decided to keep it instead.

Variety, as they say, is the spice of life.

Apologies to Timpy, who I believe had bid on it. I'm just not 100% sure that I was doing the right thing in the end. :nuno:

PBirkett, Jul 25, 2003
  6. PBirkett

MO! MOnkey`ead!

looks like it's still available to me. If you've got a reserve (which I assume is of a price your willing to accept?) why not just leave it run and see if it reaches it or not? I'm right in thinking that if the reserve is not met you are allowed to refuse sale?

MO!, Jul 25, 2003
  7. PBirkett

michaelab desafinado

That's correct. Reserve not met = no sale.

What gets my goat is when people put reserve prices and then still pull the auction...what's the point of that? Put the reserve at the lowest amount you're prepared to accept for it and then let it run. If the reserve is met then you got what you wanted, if it isn't then you don't have to sell so no problem.

A Teac P700 transport I was bidding on recently got pulled after I had bid over the reserve price because the guy was expecting more for it...errr "why the HELL didn't you set the reserve higher then matey boy??" :inferno:

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 25, 2003
  8. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Far enough, I am a selfish twat, but I had a change of heart. These things happen. :rolleyes:

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2003
    PBirkett, Jul 25, 2003
  9. PBirkett

michaelab desafinado

Sorry Paul - that wasn't really aimed at you...I was just having a rant about not getting a bargain transport :(

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 25, 2003
  10. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Fair enough, although I do think I owe an explanation.

I've never been quite sure what to do for the best with it. Sometimes I find it better than my Rotel, otherwise not. I paid over £200 for this amp, and so for me, thats not particularly cheap. I also intend on trying another set of Beyers. I want to see how they do with the amp.

But its fair to say that the Rotel and Corda do sound different. The Rotel is more energetic sounding to my ears, but the Corda is smoother and has more bass.

I actually did find the Rotel better, but then Rory from this forum listened, as did his brother, and they immediately thought the Corda was better than the Rotel. Its kind of made me think carefully about it. I tried some various music, and some sounds better on the Corda, but some sounds better on the Rotel.

Finally, I am not rich, and rather than lose £100+ on something I only bought 2 months ago isnt an option.

So likely as it is, I'll be adding some 250 ohm Beyer DT250's to my collection shortly, and they are another can that will need an amp, and may be more suited to the Corda.

So, I put this down to my indecision, but it is final, I will be keeping the Corda.

PBirkett, Jul 25, 2003
Ask a Question