Cordless MOuse/keyboard

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Jun 18, 2006.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Well I planned on going that way at some point anyhow, but it seems the scroll wheel on my current MOuse has called it a day.

No great rush to change the keyboard but if a good package price can be had, I'll go for both.

This look like it might be what I'm after.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=83962

There seems to be quite a price range. Where does the extra MOney go?

MO!, Jun 18, 2006
  2. MO!

t1nt1n hifi collector

Many things effect the end price. The link points to an OEM, so there is reduced packaging costs. Other factors are exchange rate for local cuurency where the items are made, level of construction (i.e. cheap tat versus quality product), nature of the technology and associated licencing/copyright costs (infra red vs bluetooth), manufacturer margin, reseller margin. Phew!

t1nt1n, Jun 19, 2006
  3. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to my question about where the price variations are justified, I meant MOre to do with what features/technology are about.

For example, when looking into buying a new tent recently, the size/weight/build quality/HH rating seemed to be the areas where price was decided.

I'm just curious what the spec's which cause the changes in MOuse/Keyboard costs are.

Ta

MO!, Jun 19, 2006
  4. MO!

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Battery life is ridiculously short on the mouse.

Bob McC, Jun 19, 2006
  5. MO!

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Don't know what you are looking at but the very best mice I have used have been from logitech such as the MX1000 which I own. The mouse will happily trot along for around 2 weeks before needing recharging. Its sharp and fast as its radio, I have never felt a bluetooth mouse with as much control, I am not sure if this is because of bluetooth persay, but there you go.

I tried a variety of MS mice over my time and all have been crap.

garyi, Jun 19, 2006
  6. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I'd been looking at Logitech. I've used them previously (and currently) and they've always been comfortable. This'll be my first wireless so it's new to me.

The MX1000 (included in the MX5000 keyboard/MOuse bundle) seems to get mixed, but MOstly positive reviews.

There's quite a few MX5000 bundles going on ebay which tend to go for around £40. They're US MOdels though with no £ key. Is there an easy way around this?

I'm in no rush to replace the keyboard, but the bundle price seems good.

MO!, Jun 19, 2006
  7. MO!

robs

I have the Logitech MX700 & RJ20 keyboard at home which are great. Good battery life & good quality. Got a cheapie set (£14 or so) for work, and whilst it works fine, the quality & feel is not on a par... the mouse feels very lightweight, battery life very poor & keyboard feel is not quite as I like it - a bit clompy.. you pays your money & takes your choice. There are some much cheaper deals at ebuyer - but check that the mouse will recharge whilst the PC is turned off !

robs, Jun 19, 2006
  8. MO!

MO, although the keyboard may not have the £ sign as long as your OS and Logitech software are for UK it should make the number three a £ sign regardless, (In my experience on a mac anyhow)

garyi, Jun 19, 2006
  9. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2006
    MO!, Jun 19, 2006
  10. MO!

My only concern would be regarding the USB receiver, my MX1000 is radio and so much more responsive than bluetooth.

I may have just been unlucky though, my mac keyboard seems fine on bluetooth.

Regarding your £ issue, trust me it will work. There is no software in a keyboard persay, you should find some software within XP or what ever OS you are using to choose keyboard layout and region, if not just download the UK version of the logitech software. That £ sign is just a print mark on the relevant key, it could just as well be a dollar or euro but will still come out £ with the right software.

garyi, Jun 19, 2006
  11. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Firstly, thanks for clearing up the £ key issue.

RF v BT.... The MOuse on its own seems to go for about £40 on ebay. The package of mx5000 board and the MOuse contains the BT version, and also tends to go for about £40.

After your comments on bluetooth I've looked into it a bit and seems like they're shared by others. Some prefer it though.

So, I'd like to replace both, but it's the MOuse which needs replacing. Do I spend £40 on just the RF MOuse, or £40 on the BT version of MOuse and keyboard :confused:

MO!, Jun 22, 2006
  12. MO!

I cannot comment to much on the keyboards, I like the look and feel of apple ones so never feel the need to change.

All I can say is the MX1000 is a superb mouse for general use, and for gaming. It has its own battery which charges in the cradle and it has lots of buttons to play with.

garyi, Jun 23, 2006
  13. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Well I've bid on and won the MX5000 package of bluetooth keyboard, and MOuse. There seem to be mixed opinions some saying it's great, and others complaining. All the complaints seem to be with the bluetooth connectivity, so I'll have to just give it a go and see if it works for me. Some have said no problems at all.
    I think there's been software updates so maybe they've dealt with any issues.

Ta for the help. I'll give some opinions when I've recieved it and had a chance to live with it for a couple of days.

MO!, Jun 23, 2006
  14. MO!

johnhunt recidivist

no offence meant but a thread about Bluetooth blah blahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

johnhunt, Jun 24, 2006
  15. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I find it fascinating!

My pants are MOist with anticipation of it's arrival!

Ever used cordless mice/keyboards?

MO!, Jun 24, 2006
Ask a Question