Council house face lift - resd this

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lhatkins, Sep 26, 2004.

1. lhatkins

stumblin Kittens getting even...

You aren't listening. Drive isn't what it's about. Supporting yourself is what I'm talking about.

Do you think it's OK to choose to be supported by the state?

stumblin, Sep 26, 2004
  2. lhatkins

johnhunt recidivist

''Do you think it's OK to choose to be supported by the state?''

yes

johnhunt, Sep 26, 2004
  3. lhatkins

julian2002 Muper Soderator

stumblin,
    it's not about being supported by the state either - it's about the lack of any sort of ambition beyond that. the acceptance that all you can be is a burberry wearing chav rather than striving to improve yourself.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 26, 2004
  4. lhatkins

Saab

whose definition are you using for "improve yourself"? improve against what criteria?

Saab, Sep 26, 2004
  5. lhatkins

johnhunt recidivist

julian

my point is what gives you the god given right to pontificate on the lives and motivations of others?

johnhunt, Sep 26, 2004
  6. lhatkins

???

So if I willingly quit my job, moved back to the UK and claimed dole you would be happy for me to be living from your taxes? Then let's say I make only the cursory effort to find a new job, as required by the dole office, and make sure I never actually get a job. Then I shack up with a similarly unemloyeed woman and have three kids. Then I spend all the money given to me for the kids on booze and fags. Remember, this is still your money.

Further still, I choose to supplement this 'income' with petty and violent crime. Is this still OK? Just stop me when I get to the point that it's not socially acceptable anymore. I beat up on my wife and kids, and indeed anyone else that comes into my vicinity.

As I get a bit older I decide that even the cursory job hunting is a bit much, so when I get injured I milk it for all it's worth. Now I get disability living allowance (that my genuinely crippled neighbour can't seem to get). Doesn't stop me chasing the kids around with sticks though.

In 18 years time the kids grow up to be just like their old man, and now you're paying for them too - and their kids. Still OK?

In case you've worked it out - yes this is modelled on a real family that lived very close to me. One of many with similar stories.

These are the people I object to. Have you had any exposure to them, or maybe you are the one with the privelidged background? It's very easy to be so liberal, when you haven't seen first hand the havoc that your beneficiaries are causing and the mockery they make of the system.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2004
    stumblin, Sep 26, 2004
  7. lhatkins

johnhunt recidivist

Stumblin

I live in south east london. your story doesn't surprise or shock me. it also doesn't fill me with hate. what happened to you?

There will always be people who break laws,abuse systems.

John

johnhunt, Sep 26, 2004
  8. lhatkins

There will always be people who do it, so it's OK? Odd attitude.

stumblin, Sep 26, 2004
  9. lhatkins

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I suppose the chavs have every chance of improving themselves. There are plenty of jobs in the consturction industry they could do but every often they get fired after a few weeks of training. My mate is a joiner and they employ chavs as they can be very cheap labour. The problem is 90% don't have the right attitude for work.

The only way these people can be helped is for their benefits to be stooped.

amazingtrade, Sep 26, 2004
  10. lhatkins

sideshowbob Trisha

"Chav" does seem to have become a generic term for just about anyone who's a bit working class. Often used by people who themselves are a bit working class but like to have somebody to look on AFAICT.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 26, 2004
  11. lhatkins

john,
    the fact that i accept the responsibilities as well as the rewards of living in the uk. this gives me the right to 'pontificate' on the life and motivation (or lack of) of others who ignore the first part and milk the 2nd for all it's worth.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 27, 2004
  12. lhatkins

johnhunt recidivist

I don't agree. I do all those things (work, act responsibly, have ambition) i don't feel that gives me the right to sound off about people ,in such general terms. who for one reason or another live differently.

seems to me that some of the correspondants here need to find a group of people to despise. go on join the bnp - you know you want to

J

johnhunt, Sep 27, 2004
  13. lhatkins

so john, you've never complained about high or in your view improper use of taxes? as for joining the bnp - well most of the chavs i'm unfortunate enough to be aquainted with would probably align themselves with the bnp so it would be rather pointless. you seem to have this romantic idea that chavs are this poor downtrodden underclass who need your pity and sympathy. keep thinking that whilst they rob you blind behind your back - taxes, car insurance premiums, shop prices to cover theft, they all come out of your pocket and they are all going up thanks to the selfish few who ignore or play the rules of society.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 27, 2004
  14. lhatkins

merlin

John must be on a windup here - either that or he is a classic example of the overly PC comfortable middle classes that are causing the problems that they seek to address.

John, if you are serious, here is my take. I am now 40. I would like to take my lady out into town on a Friday evening without fear of her being asaulted. I would like to go shopping in the local town centre on Saturday without being abused. I would like to relax at home without someone shaking my house with bass from his Vauxhall Nova.

These things are my rights - the rights of any person in a civilised society. The very people whose rights you seek to defend are impinging those of others in society. What would you suggest we do about it?

Many a Chav, when loaded with White Lightening and smoking outside the local MacDonalds, aims to become a public nuisence. This is why the government has seen fit to introduce a new set of laws to protect the decent people in our society from the distress and impingment on freedom that these people cause.

Whilst the problem exists, we will find the humourous internet discussions a useful outlet for venting our anger at the state of affairs. Surely this is better than us all taking to our X5's and running the little beggers over at every opportunity?

merlin, Sep 27, 2004
  15. lhatkins

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

IF you're willing and able to afford the ridiculous increases in council tax (police, housing benefit) and income tax (dole) to pay for lazy bastards, then that's fine. Most people AREN'T willing to keep shelling out for people who are unwilling to make an effort. Lighten up - it's not like we're dissing asians, single mums, or (uh oh) bogus asylum seekers here is it? THAT would make us ripe for the BNP. (I have NOTHING against LEGITIMATE asylum seekers - let me make that clear once and for all).

Besides, people like LHAtkins and myself get dissed by society for being disabled and freeloading - well, that's crap, since we're one of the 25% of disabled people that can and do work - even if people look at us and go "ha ha ha you look stupid" or whatever - because to the average person on the street, you're not disabled unless you're in a wheelchair, so if you can't see or hear properly you're obviously on drugs or thick. You'll get no sympathy from me if you're a lazy sack of **** who can't be bothered to try to get a job.

And WORKING CLASS people take the piss out of chavs too. Unemployed and un-efforted equals bum, no matter which way you look at it. The only difference between a bum and a chav is a chav has an address, and therefore can blag off the state and do bugger all for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2004
    domfjbrown, Sep 27, 2004
  16. lhatkins

PBirkett VTEC Addict

John, admit it mate, you are a chav. The chaviest person on this board I reckon.

PBirkett, Sep 27, 2004
  17. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Ya I think the term Working Class is not the right word to describe Chav's, they don't "work" so we have to invent a new class, like Non-working class, benifit Class, lazy class, theiving begger class, low life scum class, or something along those lines.

Don't know why people defend these type of people, they know what they're doing and in most cases are proud of it. I overheard plenty of conversataions between chav's about how much benifit they can get out of the council, that's what increases your Council Tax bill, WAKE UP!

Disabled people get less breaks than these people (for a start our benifits a means tested!), we're far more likely to be turned away from work, but I'm not going to turn this into a disability rant, but.... I'm sick of seeing people who have NOTHING wrong with them make no effort at all to move on in life, when people like myself have had to work dam hard to get where we are now.

Why defend these people, they're not worth the benifits they claim, they're more a burden on society than we (disabled) are! And what makes things worse is they can reproduce, I'd have them all sterilised, that'll soon solve the problem.

Join the BNP? I would but they don't let disabled people join, oh well, can't win them all.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2004
    lhatkins, Sep 27, 2004
  18. lhatkins

merlin said -
    pot..kettle there i think usually.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 27, 2004
  19. lhatkins

sideshowbob Trisha

Well, fascist parties aren't too hot on non-discrimination, funnily enough.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 27, 2004
  20. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Ya I was attempting to be ironic.

lhatkins, Sep 27, 2004
Ask a Question