Credit crunch sale, lots of good stuff

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by monty99, Jun 23, 2009.

1. monty99

monty99

I don’t work in banking, but non-arrival of a long-promised bonus (only a few grand but enough to wreck all sorts of plans) means selling off a bunch of stuff. Some of this kit has taken me years to build up but I have no option but to flog it off and hope I can put it all back together again sometime. All in good nick as you’d expect.

Townshend Isolda DCT (deep cryo treatment) speaker cable: the stuff with the Zoebel network for impedence matching built in, brings out the best in valve amps. Fab reviews. 2 x 2.2m Current price £385 sell for £210 posted.

Linn Basik Plus tonearm with nice condition Linn arm cable, in very fine shape with completely intact arm holder clip (most of them are buggered, this one has been looked after). £110 shipped.

I’m also going to have for sale shortly the turntable I had for a mono project, a Townshend Rock Mk II with customised RB300 (rewired inside and out to current top Rega spec) and an MM cartridge (AT95 or 97 I’m not sure – sounds pretty sweet anyway, in fact better than my old LP12). It’s currently still having the arm fitted but I’ve been overtaken by events – though should be with me soon . £450 for this one, collection only.

Finally, probably the wrong place for this, but I also have a hand-made Renaissance Lute (7 course, 13 string). British-made, solid cedar and incredibly light, recently re-strung at a cost of £150 in original gut. Lovely wooden case. You can buy a roudh Turkish-made one for about £400 these days through the Early Music Shop in Leeds, but from I was told by the luther who worked on it that a similar instrument today from a UK maker like this one would cost minium £2000, more likely £3000. Selling for £650. (I'll probably regret this as much as I regret selling my old Gibson acoustic when times were hard in the 90s but I'm not getting to grips with it at all, just no time to practice).

SOLDTownshend DCT 300 interconnects: 80cm, lists at £248, sell for £100 posted; 100cm lists at £295, sell for £120 posted. Knock a tenner off if you want both.

AMP BAFFLE AND SPEAKER SOLD Keiga KGND5250 500w plate amp in very nice custom-made box with walnut veneer on three sides. All the usual features (50-150w variable crossover, phase inversion, line-level and speaker-level in etc). Incredibly powerful, only available in the US a approx £350 list price, then you have shipping/customs etc. selling for £150 collected (or arrange your own uplift). I’ve been using the Keiga together with a Hawthorne 15in ‘Augie’ subwoofer driver, in a quite beautiful matching walnut baffle. This speaker is well-regarded and costs about £170 to bring over (postage per speaker is $120). I’m selling the speaker and baffle for £150 (about what it cost me for the baffle). Or take speaker, baffle and plate amp for £280. Collection only from near Reading.

SOLD AT-MONO LP/3 cartridge. I got this for a mono project had underway – it’s moving coil but 1.2mv output so works in a MM phono stage. I did try it out for a few hours and got some great results, then put it back in the box till the TT was ready. Cheapest on ebay Japan is £110 (some at £240), sell for £65 posted.

Pics on request. Prefer bank transfer, paypal only in extremis and with the fees paid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
    monty99, Jun 23, 2009
  2. monty99

Soloist In my lonely furrow

Monty,

My best wishes to you at a difficult time. Nothing I need at the moment - I would actually love the lute but I just know I would not find the time to practice either!

Regards,

Andrew

Soloist, Jun 23, 2009
  3. monty99

SMEagol Because we wants it...

yeah, good luck Monty, been there and in fact I still am!

I'm downgrading but hopefully not ballsing up the sound too much. :D

SMEagol, Jun 23, 2009
  4. monty99

monty99

thanks guys. interconnects, amp/speaker/baffle and mono cartridge sold.

monty99, Jun 24, 2009
  5. monty99

monty99

just to clarify, the Isolda cable is plugs both ends.

monty99, Jun 24, 2009
Ask a Question