Crossover God wanted - Manchester area!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by SMEagol, Jul 23, 2008.

1. SMEagol

SMEagol Because we wants it...

This was a much longer message that detailed the query til my STUPID Apple Airport decided it was not going to be wireless internet anymore just as I pressed submit.

Needs to be somebody with a working knowledge of high end speakers (Hornings).

Just looking at some potential tweeks, as these have been modded slightly in a studio and I'd like them to get their original sound back.

Thanks all :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
    SMEagol, Jul 23, 2008
  2. SMEagol

Spoke to Horning and (for a nominal fee :eek:) they are sending me all the bits I need to get these on track. Anyone out there good with a soldering iron and screwing in new crossovers? Trade preferably, but open to offers and suitable recompensation.

I don't think my soldering is up to this, I lost track as to how many rooms I got flung across in my youth, courtesy of my "electronics".

SMEagol, Jul 24, 2008
  3. SMEagol

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Chris,

I thought you got rid of your Horning Loudspeakers. Have you got a another pair in? Which ones are they?

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jul 24, 2008
  4. SMEagol

I needed another fix, I like the quality of electrostatics, the way they fill a room with sound, which is similar to a lowther driver I suppose. People say they are chalk and cheese but I can find enough common ground to like them both Dean.

I went for a pair of Horning 1's they were made for a customer to (unfortunately) his spec and then he downgraded them from there with his own mods so he had two listening modes (albeit well done) over two pairs of terminals. Tommy thinks we can get them back to their former glory and back to being a horning. I bought these blind as I got a very good deal, to move them on - but to be fair to my friend that sold them to me - he had no idea about the jiggery pokery in the internals! He's very kindly offered to pay the bill, a good bloke. PS! will pay for me tunes at the weekend as the girlfriends been paid!

I had a look at a diminuitive horning (not the Verne Troyer tape) which was more my price bracket, but it didn't seem to use lowthers or a beyma, so thought I'd plod on with these.

SMEagol, Jul 24, 2008
Ask a Question