Cryogenically treated valves

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by thrudge, Dec 10, 2005.

1. thrudge

thrudge

Has anyone used these? Did you find them better than untreated ones?

thrudge, Dec 10, 2005
  2. thrudge

esk

Yes. just got some driver valves for my ART Carissa. Now it could be they are just better than the stock valves but they were a real improvement.

Removed some of the bass bloom that was in my system and sharpened up the focus.

I'd certainly not go back. They came from Watford Valves.

esk, Dec 11, 2005
  3. thrudge

magoo

Yes, I have a Unison Research S6 & rolled the supplied sovtek el34's for cryo Svetlana version, and it was an absolute revelation! Every aspect of performance was improved, from the bass right up into the "air & space" department. TBH, as soon as I can afford it, I'll be sending my cables off to be treated too.
    Valves came from http://www.tube-shop.com/cryodetail.asp?prid=Cryo-Svet-EL34 (Pair).

All the best

magoo, Dec 14, 2005
  4. thrudge

alexs2

There's a longish thread over on the WAD forum relating to this,and many of us think that there isn't a significant difference between the cryo tubes,and decent NOS tubes,but that there is a HUGE difference between these,selected and/or very good stock tubes,and the bulk of the cheap manufacturer supplied stuff.

I've had cryo treated output tubes on the Tube Technology monoblocs I owned,which were good,no doubt,but no better than many.
    I tend to use NOS input/driver tubes(Mullards and Telefunkens) and NOS outputs where practical,although a good number of the current tubes such as 300Bs,KT66 replicas etc are actually very close to the originals,and crtainly things like the TJ Meshplate 300Bs are superb,as are the retro-shaped KT66s.

alexs2, Dec 14, 2005
Ask a Question