Custom Designed Supertweeters - AudioSmile

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Tenson, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

The List
    I've been meaning for some time, to compile a list of some popular speakers that I know benefit nicely from the AudioSmile Supertweeters.

The reason I know they work well is because I have already built for these speakers, or ones with the exact same drive units, and received very good feedback from the owners. :)

I'll try to expand this list as time goes on, so that anyone who owns these models can know quickly and easily whether they will benefit from an AudioSmile supertweeter.

Not For Bats
    AudioSmile designed supertweeters are not made to extend high frequencies beyond the range of human hearing. They work well within the range of most peoples hearing, and should fire into the room at an angle, not directly at the listener. They fill out the high frequencies which are lacking in room reflections due to the narrow beam of sound most tweeters produce up high. The result of this is not something you need to strain to hear, and because the filters are specifically designed for the speaker it is used with, the sound is well integrated. The sound becomes more open, live and free, without becoming too bright.

Quad ESL 57, 63, 988, 989

Tannoy dual concentrics (HPD and 2528 drivers)

Spendor SA1 and A5

Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage and all models of Cremona

GmauT Phi3, Phi5, Phi7, L5 and L7

AudioSmile Kensai or Kensai + Advantage

[​IMG]

Tenson, Nov 9, 2010
  2. Tenson

nando nando

simon mike loves the kensie's wishes to try those once he gets the advantage,

nando, Nov 9, 2010
Ask a Question