customer services

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by taz, Jun 10, 2006.

1. taz

taz

Just like to say a big thanks to B&W customer service's
    sent them an email and received a rapid response and very helpful advice after destroying a tweeter. I expected at least a £100 plus bill for a new tweeter but no just £33 inc so i have ordered 2 so they will sound the same. for such a large company to be both quick to reply and eager to help with such good spare parts prices in this day and age is a real breath of fresh air.

taz, Jun 10, 2006
  2. taz

ShinOBIWAN

That's fantastic news. Thankyou for sharing!

ShinOBIWAN, Jun 10, 2006
  3. taz

la toilette Downright stupid

I do think positive experiences like this are worth sharing, as we've all come up against companies or suppliers that can be unhelpful, obstructive, or just plain rude and it's nice to know that there are plenty of good ones out there.

When you get really good customer service it leaves you with a warm glow and an impression that they might actually genuinely care. I've had very good experiences with Arcam, Tannoy and Sugden, and that directly influences whether I'd buy from them again. I've also had a depressing experience with one 'affordable' amplifier manufacturer, who were ****.

la toilette, Jun 11, 2006
  4. taz

LinearMan

I agree ~ all too often it's only the problems and complaints that get an airing. I recently contacted Kef with a technical query on speakers that are 20 years old ~ reply received within 4 hours ~ excellent stuff.

LinearMan, Jun 11, 2006
  5. taz

andyoz

I'm giving a big thumbs up to ATC and PMC.

I have had to ring both companies a few times lately and each time I have been able to talk to their main technical guys STRAIGHT AWAY.

ATC were especially helpful and went out of their way to help me gather evidence regarding some ATC speakers that were courier damaged. They even took the time to send me photos from their shop floor showing their packing methods. And all this from a company that knew I had just sold their gear and moved onto the "enemy"... Bryston/PMC !

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2006
    andyoz, Jun 11, 2006
  6. taz

RSC

Mods: can we make this "sticky"?

RSC, Jun 11, 2006
  7. taz

zanash

Good one taz ............

zanash, Jun 11, 2006
  8. taz

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Affordable amp? NAD?

I would like to add that I have had a great experience with Senhesier when one of the speakers went on my old headphones, they replaced it and gave me a free spare cable.

It was sent to Ireland and returned repaired within a week.

amazingtrade, Jun 11, 2006
  9. taz

taz

yes your right about the warm glow thing what's more Tanya the girl I spoke to @ b&w was quite interested to hear about the mods I had made to their speakers, friendly polite and very willing to help with quite a good technical info knowladge of their speakers

taz, Jun 11, 2006
  10. taz

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

Surely she was a woman, not a girl? Perhaps if she sent you an email you could tell us whether she was good at spelling too?

SteveC, Jun 12, 2006
  11. taz

taz

there is always one
    now iv'e been through this before so ok she was a lady ok ffs
    now go and get a dictionary and shove it where the sun don't shine :D

taz, Jun 13, 2006
  12. taz

Pity you didn't learn the first time round.

SteveC, Jun 13, 2006
  13. taz

Jimbo

Mine goes to Rotel for sending me a new belt for my cd player free of charge and free p&p. Not a lot i know but still very assuring. Jimbo.

Jimbo, Jun 13, 2006
  14. taz

b1u3print

SteveC, you are a perfect example of the reason I post very few messages on forums.

I have a great love for Hi-Fi and as a result would love to share my thoughts and experiences with other like-minded people. However people like yourself, who wish to belittle others by slating their grammar and/or spelling, put me off.

This was a happy thread about the now very rare experience of excellent customer service, and having nothing to say about the topic in question you instead decided to voice a personal attack on the member who started the thread regarding his grammar.

If spelling and grammar are so important to you, rather than the topic in question (regardless of how badly spelt it might be), I think you are posting on the wrong forum.

This is a hobby – not an English exam.

b1u3print, Jun 15, 2006
  15. taz

It was the attitude to women implicit in such language that got my back up, whether intended or not, it's self-perpetuating if no-one points in out. I happen to be dealing with a wage-round on unequal treatment for the same job, so I was attuned to thoughts being unconsciously moulded by word choice, whether heard or used. If you think that's harsh, then try living in a position of less pay for the same job. If we all worked to rectify this we'd get better customer service, amongst other benefits.

SteveC, Jun 16, 2006
  16. taz

julian2002 Muper Soderator

steve i think you're being hypersensitive on behalf of others here - most female humans i know don't mind being called 'girls' - it makes them sound younger which is a positive thing in their eyes.
    for example my mother and some of her friends went on a 'girls night out' to see a play called (i believe) 'girls night out'. most of the 'girls' on the night out were over 45.
    in a business situation i can see your point but on a hobby forum it's another example of PC run riot.

julian2002, Jun 16, 2006
  17. taz

taz

Thank you people for your comments. I have had this argument on other forums and I still cannot for the life of me understand why it even crops up.
    I guess some people (small minded) have nothing better to do or say, or maybe they have been picked on at some stage of life because they where geeky or something of that nature, i suppose therefore they feel less intimidated by trying to be clever and exerting some sort of "I'm better than you" attitude in the safety of a non face to face conflict. I used to be quite a physically aggressive person and as such never had to put up with being spoken to in a manner which i found offensive, I have however matured somewhat and as such no longer feel the need to hit out either physically or via speech to people who are arrogant, ignorant or just plain offensive. What really does annoy me is when someone hijacks a perfectly acceptable thread to air their politically correct ideals that have no bearing on the thread topic.
    As has been stated the term I used whilst politically incorrect for someone not even in this country is a perfectly acceptable term where I live and used affectionately but, has been taken out of context by someone and used as an argumentative and "PC correct" way.
    As I have stated before this is a HIFI forum and as such should not be used to insult or poke fun at spelling or grammar so long as the message gets across. So let's just stick to talking Hifi please.
    Tweeters arrived massively packed so i will be fitting today and testing my new mods which are, fitting new caps to the crossovers (wilmslow audio caps) and solid silver cable rewire
    thanks ;)

taz, Jun 16, 2006
  18. taz

Thanks for the explanation taz. As I said before, it was the girl reference that got my back up. I wasn't commenting on any grammar issue and I was referring sarcastically to a test for her spelling, not yours! I would like to stick to hi-fi comments, yes, as I predominantly do, so long as it is not at the cost of others. Perhaps we now understand where each other is coming from. Oh, by the way, this forum membership is not restricted to UK

SteveC, Jun 16, 2006
  19. taz

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I've had excellent experience with NAD's service dept in milton keynes... they've been very helpful and quick every time I've dealt with them.

I-S, Jun 16, 2006
  20. taz

thrudge

A thread on good customer service.....I like it :D

Might as well get my two pennorth in for all at Definitive Audio, Nottingham. I've dealt with them quite a bit over the years, they've done mods for me and I've bought kit, but it's always been the cheaper stuff (relatively speaking) - I can't afford anything like their serious stuff.

Every time I've dealt with them - including recently when I got very picky and fussy about how I wanted an amp to sound - they've been incredibly helpful. The credo seems to be "make the customer happy" and they go WAY out of their way to make it happen. And that's with a chap like me who's not buying the spiffy high-end kit.

I can't recommend them highly enough. And, of course, you know where I'm going to go shopping every time the upgrade bug bites.....

thrudge, Jun 16, 2006
Ask a Question