DAB Tuner Separates... Please Help!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by greenphotos, Apr 27, 2005.

1. greenphotos

greenphotos Got any Broken NADs?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2005
    greenphotos, Apr 27, 2005
  2. greenphotos

Aitcho

I have that tuner and found it to be slightly "bright", although I now have it playing through a NosDAC which takes the edge off it.

The only few drawbacks are that it only has a single TOSlink output for digital use and it does not have a 'standby' position for power only an on/off button.

Very easy to tune-in the various stations providing you follow the instructions in the handbook. :)

At the moment I only have a piece of wire for receiving the DAB channels but in my area I receive four muxes usually at 90+% signal strength although sometimes my local radio station drops to 60%, combining the DAB tuner with a Freeview box I get a good range of stations.

At the price I paid for it I thought it was a good buy.

Aitcho

Aitcho, Apr 27, 2005
  3. greenphotos

greenphotos Got any Broken NADs?

If it's about £100 I might get it.. will have to see :)

(Reason for getting it is that my NAD FM tuner has awful reception with the arial I've got, I can hardly pick up any stations. Might get a enw arial too.. any thoughts?

greenphotos, Apr 27, 2005
Ask a Question