daft question...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mr cat, Nov 14, 2006.

1. mr cat

mr cat Member of the month

I'm selling my kef Q4 speakers on fleabay and I've been asked how much it would cost to post them to spain...

a) on the kef website is states that they weigh 9.9kg - is that per speaker?

b) - whats a good courier to us (they're fully boxed up) and how much would I expect to pay?

cheers

mr cat, Nov 14, 2006
  2. mr cat

Tenson Moderator

Tenson, Nov 14, 2006
  3. mr cat

mr cat Member of the month

mr cat, Nov 14, 2006
  4. mr cat

andrew1810

I don't think one problem should put you off pharos completely

I have used them 30-40 times in the last year and only ever had one problem where two boxes got mixed up and they sorted it all out within the day

A lot of the time it depends on the local depot for the courier, some are better than others

andrew1810, Nov 14, 2006
  5. mr cat

andyoz

I agree with Andrew, I had some bad experiences but they weren't Pharos's fault.

Just make sure you take some photo's of the speakers before and after you box them up as you may be surprised at how knocked about the boxes become in transit to spain!

You should be alright if they only weigh 10kg each though. I think the real problems occur with boxes that are >25kg as the handlers despise them.

p.s. I just read that thread on www.AVTalk.co.uk and to me it looks like they made the mistake of taking instructions from the UPS driver, Pharos clearly state DON'T DO IT and if you follow that rule, you'll be OK.

p.p.s That weight of 9.9kg on the Kef website may be them unpacked, packaging can add a few extra kilos per speaker.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2006
    andyoz, Nov 14, 2006
Ask a Question