Dam city

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by themadhippy, Jan 10, 2004.

1. themadhippy

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

yep the first trip of the year is over ,4 days spent in that fine city that gave new york its origanal name.
    Apart from very british type weather(rain and erm more rain) this seems to be an ideal time to vist the city,every weres open,but you dont have to fight through hords of tourists,even the redlight area was almost deserted, and i didnt get offered any dubious services/substances from the "street vendors"
    Accomodation and travel is cheap,3 nights self catering and return train/ferry for just under £200.
    Tryed a few (7) new coffee shops along with some old favorites,best bits ,being in the grey area at 4.20 pm, seeing the cat (bowie) in dampkring actually move,and meeting up with some old mates.Olny downer was getting the tram in the wrong direction from albert cuyp markt, might have something to do with the 2 spliffs i'd just smoked in katsu :beamup:
    Had intended to keep a note of what i smoked,were and how much it cost,unfortunatley that idea soon disapered,but prices were around 7e/gram,with barnies and global chillage being the 2 more expensive places, and noon being about the best value (23e for 5g of very nice blueberry).
    The best cofee shop award however still goes to :p ,do ya think im mad,dont want all you tourists invading the place,all im saying is its on Kloveniersburgwal ,it aint the cheapest,but the coffee is wonderful (coffee beans ground fresh for each cup),the fresh orange juice fantastic,it could olny be fresher if they actualy grew the oranges on the premises,the staff brilliant (thanx for the cold james) ,the smoking materials superb and the nearby church bells very trippy.
    In all a very enjoyable few days, theres something for everybody in this fine city ,even yer granny,i still havn't made it to the modern art gallery so i feel another vist in april coming on

themadhippy, Jan 10, 2004
  2. themadhippy

MO! MOnkey`ead!

any excuse ;)

Glad you enjoyed yourself (yet again :MILD: ).

Last I was there it was freezing cold and chucking down with rain too :D

MO!, Jan 11, 2004
  3. themadhippy

mr cat Member of the month

Re: Re: Dam city

justification for staying in a coffee shop all day....?:MILD:

glad you had a great time tho...

mr cat, Jan 12, 2004
  4. themadhippy

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Will ya lot SHUT UP about the Dam!? I'm STILL trying to get my lazyassed mates off their arses so I can go there again :)

Got one lined up for December but it's involving 1 wheelchair user and one totally blind mate, so I'll have to watch the :MILD:

Mind you, got same blind mate round Glasters while on acid so it shouldn't be too bad...

domfjbrown, Jan 12, 2004
  5. themadhippy

voodoo OdD

Hippy, you are a legend :MILD: .

A few good places from the dam mentioned there. I'll have to give them a go on my next visit. It is afterall just up the road :D :cool: :D. I normally 'obtain' mine from Maastricht: a highly recommended alternative for those that fancy more of a chilled experience. And it's not far from Brussels.

Hey - who fancies a Zerogain trip to Amsterdam ?
    I'm sure it would ALL be about the music :p .

voodoo, Jan 12, 2004
  6. themadhippy

yea no problem,get to hear a wide range of music on a wide range of systems,i even found bose 802's almost listenable:eek:
    Dom id do a bit of research before going to dam with a wheelchair,all the coffee shops i visted were fairly small and one or 2 had a couple of steps,if i rember next time im out there i'll make some inqures

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2004
    themadhippy, Jan 12, 2004
  7. themadhippy

MO! MOnkey`ead!

How did you find Global Chillage? It's quite near a hostel we stayed in the first time we went. Amsterdam is apparently the dog shit capital of the world, with the Hans Brinker (?@sp) being quite proud of it's location aMOngst a heavy build up of no.2s.

MO!, Jan 12, 2004
  8. themadhippy

no 5 tram to prinsengrach and then a short walk:p
    ok seriously very relaxing,was olny 1 other person in there and the girl behind the counter,she was telling me it can get very busy in peak season.The large mural is exalent,especially after sevral spliffs.Ony downer was there gear was a bit pricey.
    voodoo theres one or 2 coffee shops to choose from in Maastricht
    Dom yer more than welcome to join us on one of our trips,next ones planned for around 22-26 april

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2004
  9. themadhippy

Hey - I might well take you up on that one, Les :) Thanks for the offer :beer:

Global Chillage sounds ace - do they sell mushroom chai in any of these places?

Damn this Red Square is kicking in now - oh well - might as well use ADSL now I can :)

domfjbrown, Jan 12, 2004
  10. themadhippy

not sure but mushies are avalable in most of the head shops,no idea how much though.
    not the best piccys but gives you an idea of wot to expect from chillage
    http://www.globalchillage.nl/photo/pict.htm

11. themadhippy

I'll look at that site tonight if you know what I mean ;)

domfjbrown, Jan 13, 2004
Ask a Question