dCS Delius/Purcell

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by HenryT, Dec 29, 2003.

1. HenryT

HenryT

This world renowned DAC and upsampler pairing need absolutely no introductions at all, but just in case you happen to be unfamiliar with these products take a look the links below for more information and specs:

http://www.dcsltd.co.uk/Delius.htm
    http://www.dcsltd.co.uk/Purcell.htm

Both units date from 1999 and still have 1 year left of their 5 year user transferable warranty yet to run.

Operating instructions and the original double-layered dCS packaging all included, and everything is in excellent condition and has been well cared for.

Please note that both products are currently in non firewire (non-DSD) configuration, but can be sent back to the factory to be upgraded (at cost) if so desired.

Also included in this sale is a pair of Omiga Audio Liberator digital interconnects which work beautifully providing the dual AES/EBU link between the two units.

In some ways, IMHO they still represent state-of-the-art in red book CD replay, especially for those who are into "real" music. ;)

Asking price (excluding delivery): £3700

I'd be glad to answer any questions relating to this sale, such as request for serial numbers, etc via PM or email: hchtang AT hotmail dot com.

HenryT, Dec 29, 2003
  2. HenryT

michaelab desafinado

The question has to be asked.....why are you selling? :eek: :p

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 29, 2003
  3. HenryT

julian2002 Muper Soderator

and what is replacing them... are you going multichannel / format, or regressing back to vinylordial soup.

cheers

julian

julian2002, Dec 29, 2003
  4. HenryT

HenryT

Downsizing/rationalising my system a bit. Hoping to claw a bit of money back which I might need to fund domestic expenses, but at the same time hoping to get similar levels of performance from a cheaper piece of kit (which will eventually be customised ;) ).

Well, that is a good question, a question I couldn't really give a firm answer to until I have some cash in my hand with which to make the next purchase with. It'll be something second hand, most likely one-box, so that'll depend on what exactly is available post sale. It's a case of making a sale in order to be able to fund the next purchase.

Non of the above! :D I'm a firm fan of 2 channel sound, multichannel doesn't hold any attractions for me and neither do any of the new hi-res formats. I've approx 4 times as many CDs as vinyl, and have always been commited to getting the best out of what I have i.e. red book CD rather than having to re-buy my whole music collection again in SACD/DVD-A format. :)

HenryT, Dec 29, 2003
  5. HenryT

HenryT

A quick bump for this one now that (hopefully ; ) Cookie has finished his mega garage sale! ;)

Also just want to add that the CD transport I've been using with the dCS, an Accuphase DP90, is also up for sale now. The Accuphase has been modded rather nicely by non other than WM of Omiga Audio and includes a Trichord Clock 4 & Never Connected clock PSU amongst other goodies installed inside. £2100.

I'm open any sensible offers if you're interested in buying more than 1 box off of me.

:)

HenryT, Jan 5, 2004
  6. HenryT

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

I'll give you my copy of NOW 9 on CD and the contents of my bank account (£570-ish - all overdraft facility) for all three. Well - that's the most sensible offer *I* can come up with.

Seriously dude - I'm in shock that the WHOLE LOT is up for sale! Does this mean that you might be rationalising the racking as well? If so, I'd be curious to know how much one of the Clearlight racks would be going for...

BTW - you coming to the dem at Audio Excellence on Saturday? Time to see if I can hold off upgrading my CDP - I bet they still don't have the CD5i in for dem even then though ;)

domfjbrown, Jan 6, 2004
  7. HenryT

HenryT

Dom,

Sorry to disappoint, but the answers are a firm "no" and "no" to your first two paragraphs above! :p Rationalising yes, but only the digital front-end and speakers are going, everything else stays. :)

You've "booked" a dem for Saturday? :confused:

HenryT, Jan 6, 2004
  8. HenryT

HenryT

Reduced to £3500 ono for both units, or may consider splitting to be sold separately if required.

Offers also being considered on the Accuphase DP90 CD transport.

HenryT, Jan 19, 2004
  9. HenryT

HenryT

:eek: Nearly sold...

I've just received a deposit / retaining payment from a buyer interested in the Accuphase and both dCS units this morning. We are expected to complete the transaction within the next few weeks.

HenryT, Feb 3, 2004
  10. HenryT

Robbo

Well done Henry.

Have a banana! :banana:

Robbo, Feb 3, 2004
  11. HenryT

michaelab desafinado

Sounds like you're selling a house not some hifi :D

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 3, 2004
  12. HenryT

Dev Moderator

They probably cost the same Michael:D

Dev, Feb 3, 2004
  13. HenryT

HenryT

I know you guys were only jesting, but you don't know how close to the truth you came with that jibe... :p

I'm currently in a round about way at the end of a property chain (not sure how long the chain is but as per usual its at the mercy of the solicitors)... The buyer is awaiting the proceeds of a property sale to go through which he'll be partly using to make up the short fall in funds going towards this "transaction" ;) ... So there we go..! :D

HenryT, Feb 3, 2004
  14. HenryT

HenryT

The saga continues..! :eek: :rolleyes:

Accuphase is due to be collected on Friday evening now...

dCS Delius & Purcell still for sale... £3000 for both units together, will split but you'll be paying a bit more if you want to split them.

HenryT, Mar 10, 2004
  15. HenryT

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I hope his pass labs dac appriecates all the effort I put into the DP90 :)
    Shame about the other stuff Henry, I'm sure at that price you'll have a few people chomping at the bit. Wm

wadia-miester, Mar 10, 2004
  16. HenryT

HenryT

Mr P has now sold his Pass Labs DAC too, and what's more he doesn't currently have access to any other DACs ATM. So the DP90 will just be sitting around on his rack looking like an expensive ornament for the time being! :rolleyes:

HenryT, Mar 11, 2004
  17. HenryT

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Oh er....

wadia-miester, Mar 11, 2004
  18. HenryT

HenryT

Bump!

£3000 buys you both dCS Delius + Purcell units plus a pair of Omiga Audio Liberator digital i/c's for the dual AES/EBU link.

This is an insane bargain! :eek:

Hint: I've seen a dCS Purcell, exactly the same spec as mine for a lot more money elsewhere. ;)

HenryT, Mar 21, 2004
  19. HenryT

HenryT

Both units are still available, but I have a potential buyer who is only interested in the upsampler. Therefore if there is anyone who is only interested in the Delius DAC by itself then I'd be willing to let it go for £2000.

P.S. Merlin, please empty your mailbox! ;)

HenryT, Mar 27, 2004
  20. HenryT

merlin

All sorted Sir!

merlin, Mar 27, 2004
Ask a Question