Dear Adam Audio, Why are u so (God damn) Loud?!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Primaplanken, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Primaplanken

Primaplanken

I've got a little problem. I have little home studio setup consisting of a pair of Adam t7v's, an SSL2 interface and a little t10s subwoofer. Never had any problems (e.f some static noise).

But now after upgrading to a pair of second hand Adam S1X's, and connecting them to my Audio Interface, I cannot turn my big bright blue volume knob (unless I want to burst all the windows on the first floor). It's so extremely loud, so extremely quick. I have completely turned down the input gain on the back control panel. (It's only -10db though)

I am utterly lost. I've tried to connect the S1X's directly into my SSL without the sub connected in-between. I've tried lowering the volume in my windows settings (not optimal but I will settle for anything) which works for Spotify and other tabs but when working in Ableton it bypasses that setting.

I want to use that big blue sexy SSL knob again. Not only the first 5%. I would've paid less if I had known that.

Primaplanken, Mar 30, 2024
Ask a Question