Death for possession of drugs in Thailand.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wolfgang, Nov 1, 2004.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/3971091.stm

Why are so many travelers still trying their luck by possession class A drugs in a country that has death penalty? You would think by now everyone know how serious it is. I am not questioning whether anyone should be sentence to death for a small amount of drugs. Travelling is a fun time but so is the risk. Tourists are target for all sorts and it would be the last thing one should do is play such a dangerous game. Is it because most people from UK felt above the law when abroad?

wolfgang, Nov 1, 2004
  2. wolfgang

julian2002 Muper Soderator

the truly odd thing to me is that there are people who want to go to such a beautiful place and then get fcuked off their tits on drugs. i cant remember half of what happened when i was into chemical recreation enhancement so why do it when you're there. wanting to forget a crap night out in essex i can understand but forgetting ko samui, ko phang nang, phi phi or ao nang is almost justification for the penalty.

reminds me of the american tourist in killing zoe.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Nov 1, 2004
  3. wolfgang

merlin

Wofgang,

possession of ganga is typically followed by a bribe payable to the local authorities. I'm with Julian. Why the hell take the risk and dull your senses - even alcohol spoils the vibe IMO

merlin, Nov 1, 2004
  4. wolfgang

Sgt Rock

Not just drugs merlin, you have to pay a bribe for most things in Thailand, a friend of mine was looking at part owning a bar out there at one time.

Sgt Rock, Nov 1, 2004
  5. wolfgang

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

was he going to have to bribe people to drink there?

rob, Nov 1, 2004
  6. wolfgang

wolfgang

I see. Never been to holiday there yet.

:rds2: Errrrr....., are you implying the boys are in trouble because our authorities refuse to follow the local custom and pay some bribes to get them back then? Possible but guess that is not something we should imply on open forum in case this make the situation worst.

wolfgang, Nov 1, 2004
  7. wolfgang

midlifecrisis Firm member

It's hopefully marginally harder to get hold of the stuff out there since the Government campaign resulted in 2500 Thai drug dealers getting shot (often by each other in a carefully police-orchestrated incentive scheme...!).

midlifecrisis, Nov 5, 2004
  8. wolfgang

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Some years ago, a good friend of mine was having a scene with the daughter of the chief of police. He didn't have any trouble at all getting hold of drugs. The chief's chauffer turned up with a large bag of grass. Good stuff, too (or so I'm told).

7_V, Nov 5, 2004
  9. wolfgang

midlifecrisis Firm member

the police clearly believe in recycling! the dealer campaign was in response to the Ya Ba plague, a huge social problem in Thailand, the material for which which has been pouring in from Myanmar

midlifecrisis, Nov 6, 2004
Ask a Question