Delights of Dublin

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SCIDB, Jul 1, 2004.

1. SCIDB

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

On sunday, I'm off to sample the delights of Dublin for a few days. A mate of mine is having a 40th birthday & has booked a few of us on a trip to this fine city. As we are going to be there for a few days, do anyone have any recomendations of places to drink, eat & be merry? Any decent sites to look at? Any decent record shops? etc, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jul 1, 2004
  2. SCIDB

penance Arrogant Cock

Hi Dean
    Not been myself, but watched a tv prog about Dublin delights a while ago.
    One thing that really appealed to me was a tour of the city in a WW2 duck, amphibeous landing craft. Tour starts in the canals and then moves onto the streets, all in the same vehicle.
    Obviously proper Guiness has to be done:)

penance, Jul 1, 2004
  3. SCIDB

The Devil IHTFP

I spent six weeks in Dublin in 1983. Can't remember anything, which is surely a good sign. I think it's a bit like Switzerland, only fun ;-)

The Devil, Jul 1, 2004
  4. SCIDB

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

take the tour around the jamosons distellary,half way round they'll ask for volanteers,get in quick as its to undertake a whiskey sampling at the end of the tour :D Kilmainham Gaol is worth a look.pub wise definatley pay a vist to the porterhouse,at one time they claimed to be the olny pub in town not selling guiness

themadhippy, Jul 1, 2004
Ask a Question