Denon 103SA

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by robM, Mar 9, 2009.

1. robM

robM

Hi

has anyone got any experience of this limited edition Denon 103SA not to be confused with the 103 or 103R.

thanks

R

robM, Mar 9, 2009
  2. robM

Chris

Hi Rob,
    I've got a 103Pro. It sounds good but from scouring the web I have reached the conclusion that you need a heavier arm than my Ittok, even with extra weight to get it to really sing - so I'm changing to a Troika soon. Marco, the guy on the AOS forum reckons the SA is the best 103 by a mile but of course so it should be but you need 20 grams at the headshell and that's for starters. Gawd knows but I can't be bothered messing around with blutak, coins etc. etc..

Chris, Mar 10, 2009
  3. robM

robM

Hi Chris

Thanks for the info. A friend just sent me one today from Germany...I'll give it a try later.

Rob

robM, Mar 10, 2009
  4. robM

lazyscott1

Hi Rob,
    i'm currently using one, replaced a 103R - Now the "R" is a great cartridge espically at the price, but the "SA" is better imho -it's smoother and doesn't have the slightly rough! top end of the "R", I also think that it gives slighty better detail.

The differences are not hugh, and you are paying a bit for the nice box and LTD status, but even given that the "SA" is still cheap formthe performance offered.

Hope this helps some how!!

Leo

lazyscott1, Mar 12, 2009
Ask a Question