denon 304 great!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by huuge, Jan 20, 2006.

1. huuge

huuge

had shelf disaster
    target wallshelf started to come away from plasterboard wall
    orbe sliding forwards!
    in the hectic dismantle and tt rescue i trashed my Rohmann(no sign of cantilever)
    aaaghh
    now shelf fixed with serious springy fixation thingies and reserve cart in situ
    the denon really is good - detail++ solid bass big soundstage but
    i do fancy getting Rohmann back up and running as its just that bit more 'musical'
    any advice

huuge, Jan 20, 2006
  2. huuge

felix part-time Horta

My bro. runs a 304 (in a Townshend Rock3/technoarm) and it sounds great, no lack of musical enjoyment - in the contect of an otherwise all-naim system.

That said, as a pair of VTA 'disbeliers' to date we found that fiddling with arm adjustments really brought things to life. Might be worth a try...?

felix, Jan 20, 2006
  3. huuge

huuge

have left vta alone

am using tecnoarm also
    basically just swapped rohmann out and denon in just roughly sorting tracking weight and alignment as per rudimentry kit that came with arm(card with hole and lines) and cart(ortofon balance)
    left gain 64 and loading 1000 alone
    arm looks flat(used sid and coke cut out-thanks) and thats all i've done vta wise

huuge, Jan 20, 2006
  4. huuge

ListeningEar

Are you mad! Putting this kind of weigh/load on a plasterboard wall is asking for trouble (that's if it's simply a modern stud partition type wall).

It can be done but you would need to find the studs and ensure the shelf fixing screws were screwed most of the way in. You could also use a wall brace system first so that the load is spread across the wall face.

I would forget the cartridge issues until the more basic things are resolved first ;)

ListeningEar, Jan 21, 2006
Ask a Question