Denons

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Joolsburger, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Joolsburger

Joolsburger

Has anyone compared the various Denon cartridges against each other recently? I have decided that due to all the good press and evangelism about the 103/103R and the like, I'm going to give one a try (After all at 100 quid it would be rude not to). I wonder if they really are that good and if so which is the best is a 103 better than a 301 for example?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this guys.

Joolsburger, Jan 12, 2006
  2. Joolsburger

lordsummit moderate mod

If you can use a 103. I've got one and love it. It's not perfect but it does it's job really well. The 103Pro I've heard is even better but it costs a lot more, and is a bugger to get hold of. The only thing you need to take a little care over is that it's quite a high compliance thing so it's a little fussy over arms. I've heard it said that it doesn't, although I've heard it sounding very nice in a Rega. What deck and arm are you using?

lordsummit, Jan 12, 2006
  3. Joolsburger

Chris

I bought my 103Pro a year ago from eifl (juki) in Japan and no hassles. 377 dollars and Robert is your uncle. I use an Ittok LV111 and no probs.

Chris, Jan 18, 2006
Ask a Question