densen b-110 or primare i21?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rockyraccoon, Mar 4, 2009.

1. rockyraccoon

rockyraccoon

Greetings,
    I'd like to replace the integrated amp in my system
    I currently have a Tag McLaren 60i driving Focal Profile 908 standmounts. The source is a Musical Fidelity KW DAC25.

There is nothing really wrong with the Tag, I just fancy a change. I think I could use firmer bass control.
    I listen mostly to acoustic, unplugged stuff, female vocalists, a lot of Mark Knopfler,Eric Clapton, and some Jazz.

I have heard good things of Densen and Primare, for integrated below the £1000 mark (I would be buying used or exdem). Has anybody listened to the two amps in the subject line, or similar? And would they be an improvement over my Tag?

Opinions much appreciated. Thanks.

rockyraccoon, Mar 4, 2009
  2. rockyraccoon

mr cat Member of the month

from my experience I'd go for the Primare (out of those two) as i briefly had one and it worked great with my focals.... and I was using a MF a3.2 cdp and an MF a3.24 dac too...

I've heard a densen / neat combo and was seriously underwhelmed by it... but I haven't heard the tag so can't comment on that

mr cat, Mar 5, 2009
  3. rockyraccoon

rockyraccoon

Thanks for your opinion.
    Can anybody comment on how an AVI integrated might stack up against the densen and the primare?

rockyraccoon, Mar 7, 2009
  4. rockyraccoon

mr cat Member of the month

from what I've read - it should be better... :)

mr cat, Mar 7, 2009
Ask a Question