desire decade

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by capdegat, Sep 1, 2005.

1. capdegat

capdegat

I have the chance of an audio synthesis desire decade and as i alreeady have a discrete i'm very tempted . anybody any experience please?

capdegat, Sep 1, 2005
  2. capdegat

ditton happy old soul

I've not heard the desire decade, and can only report that I was steered away by someone who had tried one and had found it lacking, but who was otherwise a very firm AS fan. PM if you want to follow that up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005
    ditton, Sep 1, 2005
  3. capdegat

julian2002 Muper Soderator

the only one i've heard was at one of the bristol shows where a/s were demoing using a trancend, discrete and desire through tannioy td12's. must say the sound wasn;t immediately impressive but i found myself listening to the system for about 1/2 an hour and i now own a dax decade. some have said that the desire is the weak link in the a/s line up though so it may be worth while getting a home demo if at all possible.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 1, 2005
  4. capdegat

GaryG

GaryG, Sep 1, 2005
  5. capdegat

capdegat

thanks for advice but i already have an eslab amp which unfortunately suffers problems from mains. Rural france - not enough even though i'm using variac etc. FRom the replies it doesn't sound promising and i cna't really demo. I have to take pot luck - usually e-bay .

capdegat, Sep 2, 2005
  6. capdegat

ditton happy old soul

the d-class amps, such as bel canto, do seem to like clean mains, so unless you address that problem it may be a question of looking to class-a. Prompt GaryG for another suggestion as he has years of experience in getting AS Dax to sing, and has been helpful to me in my quest to do the same. Who knows, he might want an excuse to visit!!

ditton, Sep 2, 2005
  7. capdegat

julian2002 Muper Soderator

try some vincent amps. my decade loves mt spt100 valve / solid state hybrid monoblocks.

julian2002, Sep 2, 2005
Ask a Question