Did any body see this ?.........thoughts

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Jan 21, 2007.

1. zanash

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

scott mathews album
    crage jeff buckley
    rickie lee jones: rickie lee jones
    fionn regan album
    and all the Angela Hewitt stuff on Hyperion

sq225917, Jan 27, 2007
  2. zanash

STELLABAGPUSS Happy Chappy

Good article Zanash, But TBH it's a trend that's been happening with Commericial Music/Rock Music for years,IMO you can blame Compression, back in the 1980's Drums & Bass Guitar were always compressed, but these days producers like to compress the compressed! And after that.....Yes you guess right, lets Compress it some more for Radio !

It isn't all bad news, I sometimes read SOS "Sound On Sound", and they are always complaining over Compressed Mixes. My personal opinion, is that you now have mainly Musicians behind the Mixing Desk/PC and not Engineers/Producers. Technology can now be used on the cheap by anyone. There are of course plenty of Pro and Cons to this. I recently sent Zanash some Sample CD's of Melodic Rock Music, some great songs on their...but over compressed...it really is a new meaning to Phil Spectors "Wall Of Sound"!

STELLABAGPUSS, Jan 27, 2007
Ask a Question