Did anyone see 'the matrix defence'?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by julian2002, Nov 20, 2003.

1. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i only caught about 5 minutes of it on channel 4 but the gist was that some kid blew his parents away with a shotgun (he had to reload whilst blasting his dad!) and then said it didn;t matter as were were all living in the virtual world 'like in the matrix' do you know if he got away with it? or was he locked away as the total nutter he undoubedly is?
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Nov 20, 2003
  2. julian2002

voodoo OdD

LMAO !

Maybe he would get away with it if the last film was any good :D ...but it ain't :NADowner: .

I hope they repeat it (the programme that is).

voodoo, Nov 20, 2003
  3. julian2002

Mr_Sukebe

I wonder what the media will blame it on this time?

More recently they seem to have enjoyed preying on computer games. Guess it'll be DVDs this time.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 20, 2003
  4. julian2002

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Arh, I can see it now, picture the sence, Hifi high court' Defence Barrister to Judge............."My Lud' It's a simple case of relaity dis-involvement", "The defendent was using said product in his sound system, under the Dis illusional belief that mana gave a Virtual improment to the qaulity', the defence rests with a plea of deminised responsiblty due to mana effect", "we do hope your honor with be lienent with his sentencing" Wm

wadia-miester, Nov 20, 2003
  5. julian2002

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Yeah, but the Matrix DOES exist. For starters, how do you explain deja vu?

I've had a situation where one of my toys (I was 8) changed colour overnight, and another where a bottle of orange juice appeared in a store cupboard while I was being babysat by my sister (no-one else was in, and she was in the lounge with me the whole time) - one minute, when I wanted a drink, there wasn't any (she'd checked to confirm due to my eyesight); I went back there 30 minutes later and there was this 2 litre Robinsons concentrate right there on the middle shelf.... Spooky, and for real (and as I was young, it was definitely nothing to do with anything I'd ingested...

We're all copper tops - let's face it - if the Matrix didn't exist some of us might enjoy our jobs....

domfjbrown, Nov 20, 2003
  6. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

dom,
    some say that deja vu is random or delayed firing of neurons due to fatigue or stress this allows you to percieve something and then register it intelectually a fraction of a second later (rather than at the same time) this causes the feeling that you've seen something before.
    the other stuff, well occams razor says that it's a practical joke but you never know.
    I did actually enjoy my job....
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Nov 20, 2003
  7. julian2002

Zoomer

I bet this is gonna come dow to the media blaming the media for this.

when we all know that unless you are insane in the first place you are not gonna go shoot someone from watching a film.

Zoomer, Nov 20, 2003
  8. julian2002

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

"Hi - I'm Chuckie - wanna play?" - do you guys remember that case of the teenager who was kidnapped, tortured by that techno track with the above quote, and then set on fire? I think this was about 1993 - anyhow, it got the Childs Play 3 film banned from the UK...

There are some sick puppies out there...

As for the practical joke - how - my sister was in the lounge the whole time, and no-one else was in. It actually seriously freaked her out at the time, since she has normal eyesight so would have been a pleb in the extreme to have missed that bottle.

Oh hang on - she IS a pleb - what am I saying?

domfjbrown, Nov 20, 2003
  9. julian2002

Zoomer

ROFL

Zoomer, Nov 20, 2003
Ask a Question