Diference Betiween Class A And Single End S.s.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, Feb 13, 2010.

1. nando

nando nando

question and would like opinions on those who have experience this audiable difference, o.k. i will explain;
    mentioning no names , i am using an integrated witch has all in one box a seperate pre-amp single ended with it;s own seperate psu driving two mono amps , agaithe monos have their own psu's and they are all in one box, along side i have a pure class a integrated, class a phono stage,all built in, class a pre-out, only 35wpc, wether the other is 200wpc, somehow i love both but there is something about class a that draws your soul,
    what do you who had both think,?
    nando.

nando, Feb 13, 2010
  2. nando

RobHolt Moderator

To me the only advantage of Class A is the absence of crossover distortion between the two (usually) output devices.
    Hoever you can get near as dammit to that technical performance with AB or some of the more elaborate sliding bias, feedforward or crossover displacement circuits.

In essence, I'd say Class A has no benefit over more efficient circuits.

RobHolt, Feb 13, 2010
  3. nando

nando nando

i tend to agree with you rob,although there is a massive gap on price between the two i persoanelly enjoy more of the cheaper one with the sigle ended pre-amp built in, still playing with both,
    nando.

nando, Feb 13, 2010
  4. nando

nando nando

check this out rob, the specs on the class A:
    35wpc, into 8 ohms (15.5 dbw) voltage 17 volts rms, 20hz to 20khz voltage peak to peak 47 volts,
    current peak-to-peak 20 amps damping factor of 130.
    thd + 0.014%unweighed 20hz to 20k,
    nando.

nando, Feb 13, 2010
Ask a Question