Dig and Analogue Interconnects up to £100

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by SteveS1, Feb 8, 2007.

1. SteveS1

SteveS1

I would appreciate the views of anyone who has played around with a few cables. Any that stand out as exceptional in this range?

I intend to use a digital co-ax between a Meridian transport and Benchmark DAC1. The ic is to be used between the DAC1 and a valve amp.

Thanks.

SteveS1, Feb 8, 2007
  2. SteveS1

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

what do you want from it, as little influence as possible or some tailoring of the sound.

sq225917, Feb 9, 2007
  3. SteveS1

SteveS1

Hi, I guess as little influence as possible, overall I'm happy to sacrifice the ultimate in detail if it meant a tendency to over brightness. Hope that helps.

SteveS1, Feb 9, 2007
  4. SteveS1

julian2002 Muper Soderator

best bang for your buck is to make it yourself. only very rudimentary soldering skills are needed. and even if you have to buy a soldering iron (£30 from maplins) it will still work out cheaper than buying ready made.
    get some good phono plugs (i like eichmann bullets but they are easy to melt if you're not sure what you're doing) and then experiment with different bits of wire. takes about 10 minutes once you're up and running and you very quickly get reasonably proficient at working out what';s what.
    there are many on here who can offer you advice about what sort of wire to try, the results to expect and where to source it from.
    i realise that it';s a bit daunting at first but once you realise how easy it is you'll never look back - certainly for the budget you have.

julian2002, Feb 9, 2007
  5. SteveS1

zanash

I'd go along with that !

zanash, Feb 9, 2007
  6. SteveS1

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

SteveS1 - have a word with Zanash - he doesn't flount the fact but he makes superb cables - very detailed. Not especially cheap but very goood value in comparison to othrs on the market

larkrise, Feb 9, 2007
  7. SteveS1

nando nando

Hi, I Also Make Both Digital And Analogue Cables, Not To Take Any Business From Zanash, But If You Want To Try Them I Will Do So On Sale-or-return Basis, They Avarage At £70.00 To £95.00,regards Nando.

nando, Feb 9, 2007
  8. SteveS1

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

whats in your designs nando, copper, Ohno copper, silver ????

sq225917, Feb 9, 2007
  9. SteveS1

nando nando

copper ferrite with screening, nando.if someone out there wants to try one you are welcome, cables are system dependant, may work well or not, nando.

nando, Feb 10, 2007
  10. SteveS1

Neil

Steve - If you don't want to go the "diy" route (which I'd recommend) then for a digital cable you could try dpa black slink, this was made up to special order with wbt phonos as an alternative to their "digilink" cable. As Mr Watts was something of a digital expert I think it's worth a listen.

Neil, Feb 10, 2007
Ask a Question