Digital camera corder advice - Got one for christmas

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Dec 25, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I was totaly unexepcting it, my comes given me a Sony Digital8 camcorder for christmas.

I want to do all the video editing on it, so I am going to need a firewire card as as the USB output compresses the DV stream some what.

Does anybody know what a good package for around £30-£60 is? I am going to spend around £100 on the camcorder, this includes tripod, firewire card, software and maybe some lighting.

My mums also bought me a seperate kit that contains a higher capacity battery and and a bag.

I know a bit about DV editing becuase I have done a lot of this at university, I already have after effects on my computer.

amazingtrade, Dec 25, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

voodoo OdD

Nice one AT.

All you need now is a Mac :D !

voodoo, Dec 25, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Lol true, although my editing experience is on a PC, we have dual processor dual monitor setups at university (2 x 3.2GB, 2GB RAM base units, full DV editing decks and the latest version of every adobe video editing software, they also have hardware based Pinacle special effects PCI cards)

So no matter what I have it will seem very basic in comparison, I reckon I may be better of just buying a Firerwire card and trying to get the software from my mates at university.

There are some software that comes with the camera but I am guessing its rather basic.

amazingtrade, Dec 25, 2004
Ask a Question